Visual Simple Partial Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Deb12345

New
Reaction score
Hello all, :hello:
I was just wondering how many of you have / experience "Visual" simple partial seizures? Please can you give me some examples you have experienced. Thank you kindly.
Best Wishes
Debbie
x

My daughter had vision problems when she took Tegretol. The neurologist at that time told me it was a type of a seizure, however, once we stopped that med, after a few weeks she never had vision problems again.

I use to have vision issues when I had migraines. Now since I have been taking magnesium for a few years, I have not had a migraine or vision problems.

What are your experiences or symptoms?

hi, i have visual halluciinations, i could be looking at the ceiling and all of a sudden there will be patterns moving about, walls sometimes breathe with me, its kinda like being on acid, they usually precede a kind of drop attack thing i get but then i hallucinate for up to an hour lafter

Hello:) I see colored dots on the walls during my visuals. Also I see flickering light even though I may be in a pitch dark room :p I get them before seizures. (or maybe as a part of an aura/simple partial) Hugs Malla

Hello, thank you for your replies. I like talking to people who have experienced / have visual simple partial seizures because I feel I am not alone. Plus I find it interesting to see what other people experience. The main visual simple partial seizure I have now is the feeling I am a giant. Everything around me looks tiny & far away, and I feel really big. I must admit my simple partials can last a while. Plus I can feel confused / disoriented during the night waking up to distorted objects. :? I don't get them very often anymore.

Hi again Deb, ahh.... yes the giant feeling. I do not usually see this - but I experience it as a feeling, myself being very big. Hands, tongue, body.... Funny I had never connected this with epilepsy. I remember feeling this since I was 7-8 yrs old. Ty, Hugs Malla

Deb,

I get swirly patterns, colors and sometimes hallucinations too. They scare me but just kind wait them out.

LW

Back
Top Bottom