When was your last seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Oh no not t/c, I couldn't imagine that either! I have partial seizures, but it always takes me a day or two to recover. :/

3 months without any seizures for me and I consider that quite a stretch for me without any T/C's or med adjusts so I'll take it. The longest I have gone since my diagnosis has been 4 months, so I consider 3 months pretty good they raised the meds 3 months ago when I was hospitilized after having 5 T/C's in the same day.

tina

When you think about it the idea that you're almost ALWAYS going to have another seizure, it's just a matter of when, where and how bad, it seems so daunting. I have a seizure every month so far this school year which is very disappointing. Except January :). But If you think about it that way it's scary, so look at the time inbetween your seizures, because that's what really matters :)

It's 2 years, 5 months and 12 days since my last one....but who's counting? It's always in the background. We all have to stay vigilant taking our meds, not getting stressed, getting rest, avoiding all triggers!

It's 2 years, 5 months and 12 days since my last one....but who's counting? It's always in the background. We all have to stay vigilant taking our meds, not getting stressed, getting rest, avoiding all triggers!
Congratulations Maureen :clap:

I was coming up to three years tonic free,untill yesterday,01/05/12 and i had a tonic whilst sitting on the couch watching tv.Im a bit gutted,but at the bottom off my stomach kind off expected a visit from Mr E eventually.
But i should remain positive,i mean i could have been at the top off the stairs so i got away quite lightly.

neil129, sorry to hear that...

3 years, u were doing something darn right, meds only? ...what u think brought it on?

Neil, that's such a shame. I agree with Chaz, any clues as to what may have been a factor? Are you feeling okay today?

Thank you Chaz 1 and thank you to Nakamova,yes im feeling not to bad today,a bit sore but that goes with the terrority doesnt it? The only thing i can think off is perhaps stress brought it on,ive been having some hasstles at work lately.
But ive been taking my meds properly,not been drinking so its the only thing i can really think off.
Three years that was my record,so back to square one,once again thank you for your concern,it is much appriciated.Ooops sorry forgot,yes meds only.

Last edited:
Hey Neil,

Stress is #1 in my Son’s T/C and some seizures...understand that one all to well.

Your awareness and your acknowledgment of E lurking, is well understood...even after such a long free period..

Clean slate and reset the clock :) as we will do. Glad to hear you keep it positive, it sure helps, big time..

Yes Chaz1,stress sometimes builds up and catches you out unfortunatly,i think its important not to get to ahead of yourselve,its always going to be there so its always going to rear its ugly head now and again.I think if you can get your head round that it will help imensley,and as you say been positive no matter how hard it may seem also is a big help.So your right ,reset the clock and start again,lol Hope your son is doing all right.

Yes Chaz1,stress sometimes builds up and catches you out unfortunatly,i think its important not to get to ahead of yourselve,its always going to be there so its always going to rear its ugly head now and again.I think if you can get your head round that it will help imensley,and as you say been positive no matter how hard it may seem also is a big help.So your right ,reset the clock and start again,lol Hope your son is doing all right.

Very positive attitude friend. Thank you for the great advice about not getting ahead of yourself. Lol do you give lessons?!

Wonderful flinnigan, really wonderful...so happy 4 u.

Yes Neil, my Sons last seizure 20/4, sat up into the wee hours counting his blessing (having had a rocking week, all good news) but we know elation like stress can take bring it on, that euphoric feeling crept in and whala T/C the next morning :(
12 days free of T/C :), had significant partial this morning.

Like u we reset the clock and keep up the positive spirits...you just gotta….

Yes Chaz1 its a very fine line we are walking,unfortunatly as well we live and learn in a very harsh way.But as you say we have to remain positive,its the only way no matter how hard or difficult it may seem,couldnt agree with your post any more.

Flinnigan,brilliant news on three years,ill be looking for three years six months from you in this thread,well,in six months time,lol!!!

We need to reset the S clock again. Daytime T/C yesterday afternoon :-(

He feeling good today...time for that Purple Hat...

Back
Top Bottom