WTF is this even

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Nyere

New
Reaction score
Okay, so... About five years ago I had a terrible bout of the stomach flu and after that I started having seizures, but they stopped a year later.

Heat was a major trigger for these, but also gastrointestinal trouble.

I have been seizure free (and without medication) for about four years. The day before yesterday I had an aura, though, and then yesterday I had a seizure. I had been feeling lightheaded and kind of jittery (for those of you with asthma, it's the same kind of feeling as using 2 puffs of your inhaler) for several days beforehand. I still feel that way today.

I've been having acid reflux and diarrhea (sorry for the TMI) and I'm not sure if it's the cause of this or if it's caused BY this, because I NEVER get acid reflux.

WHAT IS GOING ON???

Hello. It sounds like you need to get in touch with your doctor about this. I have no idea what's going on and it seems that no one else does, either. Let us know if your doctor figures it out.

Best of luck!

Hello. It sounds like you need to get in touch with your doctor about this. I have no idea what's going on and it seems that no one else does, either. Let us know if your doctor figures it out.

Best of luck!

:/ Sad day. Thanks anyway...

I have heard of blood sugar having something to do with seizures.

But I've been trying to cut down on my sugar intake, starting before I started having seizures again. I didn't eat or drink that many sugary things to begin with, but my doctor told me I have "pre-diabetes" so I stopped putting sugar in my tea and coffee and stopped eating cookies and stuff (except every now and then).

I thought of that too, though, because my friend had grand mal seizures for years before she figured out that it was her sugar intake, but she drank 2345536565876768 sodas a day and ate candy all the time, and I consume nothing close to that amount of sugar.

I just don't get why my seizures are back all of a sudden, and it's really frustrating... but I don't think it's blood sugar. ^^;

Do you have seizures in your sleep?

I haven't recently (I've only had one seizure and a few auras since I've started having them again) but I did have them when I was having seizures 4 years ago.

Why do you ask?

Only asked because I have them in my sleep and didn't start having then until my gall bladder was taken out

Do you feel completely strange after you have one? People think I'm nuts when I say I feel like I'm in an alternate universe for a couple days

Do you feel completely strange after you have one? People think I'm nuts when I say I feel like I'm in an alternate universe for a couple days

Mostly I just feel tired and kinda wacky, but that usually only lasts for a few hours or until I nap it off. I believe you though. I do feel spacey and weird...

Back
Top Bottom