allergies....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skillefer

New
Reaction score
Ok...you want to know what's funny? Went to an allergist recently, and after testing, found out that I am allergic to dogs, cats, horses, and dust mites. Want to know why this is weird?? Up till 2 years ago, I was the proud owner of 3 cats. :) And never sneezed, got hives, or anything else.....Weird huh...

Did the allergist have an explanation for why your cats didn't bother you?

Maybe it's the breed. I'm very specifically allergic to siamese breeds. My eyes itch and swell, and I sneeze, so I have to wash my hands regularly to prevent the swelling. Go figure, they're my favourites, and one of my cuties is a lynx point.

Nope...no explanation. He did say that if I was going to have cats as pets now, I'd need to get weekly allergy shots. Makes me wonder if I didn't develop the allergy during pregnancy...

That's quite possible. My aunts hair went from being super straight to crazy pretty curls while she was pregnant. And it hasn't changed back. Also it could be breed, as my dad is allergic to Russian Blues only. And long hair. My cats are short, but one is half Russian blue so her hair is fine and she sheds like crazy so my dad gets the sneezies from her. But he's fine with monk.

Kind of off-topic: Hormones are funny. When I hit my late twenties my hair went from mildly wavy to spiral curls. I tell people it's because when I was little I wished so often to have pretty curly hair, that it eventually came true.

Two studies indicate that oral supplementation with live probiotic bacteria can relieve the symptoms of allergic asthma and the allergic skin condition eczema.

These two separate studies provide more evidence that probiotic bacteria, so called "friendly bacteria", are essential for good health, especially where the immune system is concerned.

Ever since scientists begun the serious study of the micro-organisms that inhabit our intestines a couple of decades ago, the evidence has been stacking up that these bugs are as much a part of a healthy human immune system as our immune cells themselves. It's thought that probiotic bacteria provide benefits to their human host in a number of different ways. They produce chemicals that stimulate our immune systems, and they help guard against infection by less friendly bugs, for example.

http://www.ei-resource.org/news/all...ts-of-probiotic-bacteria-on-allergy-symptoms/

Back
Top Bottom