Any shit-zu owners?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

George__

Stalwart
Reaction score
Here are pictures.

pc7X2URl.jpg

eiVN6Sbl.jpg

b0KuvG9l.jpg

zQccVqCl.jpg

Information

- The nose is smaller than my middle finger and its paw is roughly my index and middle finger.

- Weight wise, it doesn't register on any scale I own but out of a three puppies, all female, this was the only one remaining. I put it off as being a result of the ad being very popular

- She can't climb anything without support, she can get her two front paws up but then she can't pull herself up.

- If I curl my hands right below where her front arms (paws?) connect to the body, I can easy grasp most of its belly area too

- Dog is pretty mushy but my previous Bichon was too

- Look at these Youtube videos at 9 weeks

- Look at these Youtube videos at 5 weeks

- Doesn't she look more like a 5 weeks old puppy?

Question: What do owners of this breed think?

Thanks

Last edited:
Dachshund here, but boy is that little dog cute! Do they bark a lot?

Dachshund here, but boy is that little dog cute! Do they bark a lot?

It has random energetic moments but for the most part, it just sleeps all day.

I'm probably going to make appointment and pay my vet to check it over but that costs money -_-"

Should I name it if I'm potentially going to have to sell it?

Last edited:
It has random energetic moments but for the most part, it just sleeps all day.

I'm probably going to make appointment and pay my vet to check it over but that costs money -_-"

Should I name it if I'm potentially going to have to sell it?

All puppies have random bursts of energy and then sleep alot. If you are going to sell it do not name it.

Isabella is a nice girly name :)

It is indeed, but I think you need a 1 or 2 syllable name for a dog, so you can call it commandingly more easily lol

Otherwise it'll just keep eating your slippers and pretend it didn't hear :p

Here's a cute pic :).

I let it sleep by my feet last night because I thought it needed some good sleep due to crate training.

Woke up in the morning to find it sleeping by my head licking my ear >< lol

X1B6cGMl.jpg

Last edited:
Very cute dog, no question. For what it's worth, though, the breed you mentioned in the name of this thread is spelled shih tzu. I hope she gets a good home, whether with you or someone else.

Cute dog, no doubt! I would splurge for at least the first vet visit to get a thorough evaluation of the dog, and go from there. The vet may have suggestions on continuing care, and where to go for more affordable pet care if necessary.
Also - and I have no idea how much it costs or how it works - there is such thing as pet insurance that may help with some bills. Something that may be worth checking into.

By the way - most puppies should still be with mamma until at least 8 weeks of age, and dogs taken away sooner can have issues (primarily behavioral such as fear or aggression, for example, and sometimes they miss out on learning how to do certain things from the other pups or mamma herself). Do you know how old this pup was when taken from the pack?

Very cute dog, no question. For what it's worth, though, the breed you mentioned in the name of this thread is spelled shih tzu. I hope she gets a good home, whether with you or someone else.

Lol ops.

By the way - most puppies should still be with mamma until at least 8 weeks of age, and dogs taken away sooner can have issues (primarily behavioral such as fear or aggression, for example, and sometimes they miss out on learning how to do certain things from the other pups or mamma herself). Do you know how old this pup was when taken from the pack?

You maybe right about it being taken away at a age earlier than 8 weeks old. Right now the dog occupies a decent sized room which has a bed, pee pad, carpet, heater, toys etc etc. But even after about a week in there the dog refuses to stop barking and yelping for HOURS if left alone, it's really starting to drive me insane.

Vet's seeing it in about two weeks but I reaaaaally want to keep it now regardless of what my vet says -_-". Dog is growing on me :(

edit - I made it a new huge cardboard luxury hotel today lol

edit 2 - it LICKS EVERYTHING... It's disgusting tbh.

Last edited:
she saw snow for the first time today and loved it. Very hyper running around all the place, digging and barked!

she hasn't gained any weight though

Last edited:
I don't have any dogs just a 20lb cat lol. Just wanted to say that dog is so cute! How is she doing?

One vet said he is part mackeral tabby and part kangaroo lol. He was 2 pounds when I found him and just never stopped growing. He is a little overweight but also very long and tall.

she saw snow for the first time today and loved it. Very hyper running around all the place, digging and barked!

she hasn't gained any weight though

I wouldn't be too concerned about the weight just yet, my pup is a German Spitz (another small breed) and between 2-4 months the most he would put on was about 100gms at a time, but now he is a year old and is a chunky 8kg lol

I wish I could take a picture but I've trained it to sleep on its back while holding it. Literally like a baby

Back
Top Bottom