Any shit-zu owners?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Decided to clean her up today

Her first bath EVER (at least since I owned her)
CKaY4tal.jpg

ol0OJbal.jpg

Her first winter coat EVER
21jEoP5l.jpg

RYGjHMll.jpg

Last edited:
Went to the vet today & she was a hit, everyone loved her :p.

Main issue were her weight being low (under 4 pounds) & her teeth under bite but overall she's healthy :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
George__

That is good news, you will have a good time with him. Its good the vet said she is healthy, her weight would not be a major concern, you can sort that.

George__

That is good news, you will have a good time with him. Its good the vet said she is healthy, her weight would not be a major concern, you can sort that.

Exactly what the vet said don't worry about it.

I went in thinking she would be more pessimistic and morbid :roflmao:

George__

We get enough bad news from our doctors and neurologists, we do not need more.

Roughly a week since she had her first raw egg
KriH6NTl.jpg

Last edited:
George__

She is beautiful, looking well. She will get whatever she wants.

Started to work on her anxiety problems by letting my parents take her to their home every evening, daily walks outside & less babying at my home.

She's finally able to hold her pee for few hours and is learning to tell me when she needs to go out, she bites on the leash.

I'm very happy on how much progress she has made

10676227_10152510339040509_6833474839081328072_n.jpg

Last edited:
Noticed difference in her appetite within a week!

She also lost some of her front teeth!

My doggy is aging ><

Last edited:
George__

What do you mean you notice the difference in her appetite.

George__

What do you mean you notice the difference in her appetite.

Compared to her previous dog food, Royal Canin, the ingredients are way higher quality so I think it's keeping her full for longer?

The biggest things I noticed were
- she doesn't scratch her food bowl or bark sitting by the area she eats as often
- she's eating slower and actually chewing her food instead of swallowing it.
- her poop isn't as mushy
- her breath doesn't smell as bad (subjective)

*** NOT MY PICTURES ***

Acana dog food
62770d1371597586-puppy-food-small-breeds-imageuploadedbypg-free1371597586.086553.jpg

Royal Canin dog food
1390489418_6980mini-starter_large.png

Ingredients for Acana Small Breed
Dehydrated chicken (33%), steel-cut oats, fresh chicken (10%), fresh potato, peas, chicken fat (7%), fresh whole egg (3%), fresh flounder (3%), sun-cured alfalfa, fresh boneless chicken liver (2%), herring oil (2%), pea fiber, whole apples, whole pears, sweet potato, pumpkin, butternut squash, parsnips, carrots, spinach, cranberries, blueberries, kelp, chicory root, juniper berries, angelica root, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, lavender. Vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin, riboflavin, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, selenium yeast, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product.

Ingredients for Royal Canin Small Puppy
Chicken meal, brewers rice, chicken fat, corn, corn gluten meal, wheat gluten, dried beet pulp, natural flavours, sodium silico aluminate, vegetable oil, fish oil, calcium carbonate, fructooligosaccharides, potassium phosphate, salt, potassium chloride, L-lysine, hydrolyzed yeast, sodium tripolyphosphate, choline chloride, DL-methionine, taurine, vitamins [DL-alpha tocopherol acetate (source of vitamin E), L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), biotin, D-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin A acetate, niacin supplement, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), riboflavin supplement (vitamin B2), folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement], trace minerals (zinc proteinate, zinc oxide, manganese proteinate, ferrous sulfate, copper proteinate, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), L-carnitine, rosemary extract, preserved with natural mixed tocopherols and citric acid.

Last edited:
George__

It sounds more like she is eating it for the sake of it, you changed her food. What were you giving her before this.

George__

I may be what the seller gave you George, if she does not bark for it though usually it means she does not like it. I bet she was not fed on it as a pup. If you are going to change the food, say from puppy nuts to adult dog nuts you need to introduce them slowly, its like starting a new medication. Its good her breath does not smell bad, that can be caused by a lack of vitamins or even a skin problem.

George__

I may be what the seller gave you George, if she does not bark for it though usually it means she does not like it. I bet she was not fed on it as a pup. If you are going to change the food, say from puppy nuts to adult dog nuts you need to introduce them slowly, its like starting a new medication. Its good her breath does not smell bad, that can be caused by a lack of vitamins or even a skin problem.

I'm using my scale doing 60/40 or 70/30 (new:eek:ld). I tried 50/50 but she looks like she'll barf after due to eating too quick.

Last edited:
George_

I would start it at 80% old and 20% new first for a few weeks until I was sure she liked it. My last dog would not eat Royal Canin or pedigree dog food, it took a bit but it was one of the cheep brands he liked, so every so often I gave him vitamins.

George_

I would start it at 80% old and 20% new first for a few weeks until I was sure she liked it. My last dog would not eat Royal Canin or pedigree dog food, it took a bit but it was one of the cheep brands he liked, so every so often I gave him vitamins.

I don't have enough of the old food left to do that :(

George__

That could be a problem, the Royal Canin nuts are they a bit bigger than the old ones.

Back
Top Bottom