Any shit-zu owners?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

George__

That could be a problem, the Royal Canin nuts are they a bit bigger than the old ones.

Noo it's the other way around. The two look almost the same but the Royal Canin pieces are triangular and new ones are circular but the dog swallows the triangular ones but not the circular ones.

EMLuG0Il.jpg

Last edited:
George__

Ok try this, take an old cloth or something like that place some nuts in it fold it over and stand on it to break the nuts then give them to her.

George__

Ok try this, take an old cloth or something like that place some nuts in it fold it over and stand on it to break the nuts then give them to her.

I tried that with unseasoned roasted peanuts, I crushed them into tiny pieces and she just licked them instead of trying to chew them. Gave her a big piece and she didn't know how to eat it, very funny

Last edited:
George__

Try giving your dog some vegetables like broccoli and carrots or some mashed potatoes with some chicken or fish. Try this and see how it goes, veg is good for all dogs but not all veg, meat or fish

New news!

She got more needles recently, learned she developed a ear infection so had to go to the vet just after the holidays, she peed in someone's car & during the family gathering she got overly hyper (pee pee pee pee pee & more pee). BUSY BUSY.

Last edited:
Most of her baby teeth have fallen out and she's grown even longer, happened so quickly!

3Mr9yqNl.jpg

Last edited:
That is such an adorable doggie!

I have a seizure alert dog who is incredibly precious to me as you can imagine. (pic on my proflle page)

There is a brand of dogfood called Wysong named after the vet who invented it. Their kibble is called Epigen 90 because it is 90% animal with just enough berries and such to stick it together. Absolutely no grains or other starch fillers like potatoes or chick peas.

My dog is so much healthier since I switched him to this food. I know you were concerned with your pup being so little but I had the opposite problem with my dog getting chubby as he aged. The starch free kibble though seems to be self regulating. I can leave a feeder out all the time and he only eats what he needs along with people food scraps( I'm pretty carnivorous so those are good dog treats).

His coat is shiny and healthy and even though he is around 12, he acts like a puppy.

The Wysong Epigen 90 is a bit pricey but then our puppies are worth it right?

^
Will look into!

I'm paying ~$60 CAD for Acana Adult Small Breed in comparison to like $20 for Kibble and bits

Took her to get trimmed and washed professionally for the first time after she clawed her way out of her cardboard crate.

unksuzml.jpg

Need to call professional carpet cleaner :(

Last edited:
Cute dog. I own a golden retriever/labrador mix.....okay, so he's a mutt, but he's my buddy! :)

Yes, he is cute, but he isn't very big. The top of his head just reaches my knee. He has other breeds mixed in - father was a lab, grandfather was a golden retriever, mother was a mix - had some sheepdog in her, I think.
He looks mostly like a yellow lab/golden retriever except that he is so small - is only a year and this is as big as he gets.

Okay, confession here - he's really my son's dog, but he thinks I'm his mom!

Back
Top Bottom