Anybody getting impatient for spring to finally arrive?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

We might hit 60 degrees tomorrow! Very exciting.

It hit 74 today! The wind was crazy, gusts up to 25, 30mph but it was from the SSW and warm, I sat outside this afternoon and read a book in the full sunshine And now, I'm enjoying the 1st thunderstorm of the year!

Not too windy here, sunny w/ a nice breeze every now and then - nice. It does get cloudy alot, though! I like it.

I live in CA. We are in our 4th year of drought. The wells are running dry in the valley that I live in. It is going to be 80 degrees today.

We skipped spring. We skipped winter too. No snow in the mountains.

I am glad that the East is warming up, I have felt for you all winter long. You have had a rough winter. Now you will have a beautiful spring!!

hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone else here from England? we have gr8 weather here at the mo. (21 degrees) but it wont last long were known for our rainy summers.....but in the meanwhile were making the most of it.....beach and all!:)

No missing the taste of winter I never had this year, looking forward to the next

I was shocked when I saw a video of Alaska on the news. I didn't see any snow. We are the same in CA. We are having a drought, are you?

Well, spring is finally here in the "Northland"! We have green grass, leaves are small, but growing, and dandelions everywhere! We also haven't had any snowfall for a good 2weeks! (Very happy with that!)

I found myself doing something I've never really done before, and it was weeding one of the gardens! There was grass and dandelions growing in them and since we have a graduation party for my oldest niece at my house in a couple of weeks, I decided to try and make the gardens look decent. I still have to finish the garden I started today, and have 2 more to do after that.

I'm thinking of buying some plants, or stealing some from my younger sister's garden, she has some perennials that are my favorite, and trying to grow them at my place.

Although, I'm not too sure it will work. The couple of gardens I've had over the past 10yrs haven't flourished under my care! I'm hoping that I can do it since I have more time now to look after them.

I discovered some sprouting flowers in the garden while weeding, I hope they'll be iris's, or maybe lily's. I'll find out in the next couple of weeks, right now it's just leaves peeking out from the dirt.

Ok I don't know what's going on here in Dallas. We've been in a severe drought with lots of water restrictions for several years. It's rained almost everyday for the last 6 weeks. The lakes which were so low, some up to 12 ft low caused boat ramps to close. Many people sold their boats since lakes were unusable. Now boats are selling like crazy but the ramps are closed again. The parking lots are under 4 feet of water! Homes are flooding, dams over spilling, roads unusable, it's so crazy!

While it's nice to see an end to the drought, we aren't prepared for this sort of thing.

Rain is in the forecast for atleast the next 10 days.

I need my sunshine back!

Hi CathyAnn31,

I live in CA where we are still in a bad drought. I think the same thing will probably happen here that has happened in TX.

We are having a strong El Nino year. That means lots of rain is coming our way. From one extreme to another!!

TX can you spare some rain for NY?

Just a few nice rainy days is all we need. The heat sucks here. :(
A few threats of t-storms, but only some areas get anything.

BIGMAN, I would love some of that heat you have in New York! I'm pretty jealous and sad too. For the past couple of months, the highest temps we've had here in my town is 74, 75. And it was only for 2, 3days, then it went back to the 50's.

I'm hoping since the school year is almost over, I'm being reminded about it mon-fri by my nephew, he's counting the day's down every time he's dropped off after school lol, that the heat move here because it truly will be SUMMERTIME!

Last edited:
Today we are going to be in the 80's. We are starting to get dust storms. People who have lived here for decades say that there has never been dust storms before.

CathyAnn, Bernard and other's in the forum live in TX. Do you know how they are? I have sent PM's but have gotten no response.

I am worried!!

Back
Top Bottom