Anybody Got Ink? :p

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Tia Maria

New
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Girls!

So I am a huge tattoo fan, though I only have two. One is a naff flower that I had the day I turned 18 - just because I could and the second is the chemical symbol for dopamine on my wrist. What do you guys think of ink, anyone got any/where etc.

Would love to see pictures - if not indecent haha

Tia

Haven't gotten any because of the stigma for minority youth in the job market, and I also have Nakamova's commitment issues.

But know I'm really thinking of doing work on my shoulders and chest...haven't really thought about anything in particular. Just simple ink fever.

It was something on my bucket list to have a tattoo done, somewhere that wasn't going to hinder my employment (easy to hide) but also easy to show off.

I love music, my dad was musically talented and some of it had passed on to me before he passed away.

I have a small collection of music notes on my wrist, where I can hide it with a bracelet. I had it done 6 years ago, and my mom still hasn't noticed because I wear a bracelet every time I go and visit her... I don't live with her, which makes it easier. :)

I'll be in trouble if she finds it... she thinks they are awful!

Can't find pictures, but currently have three. Hylian Crest on my right wrist (its from legend of zelda. The triforce in it means 'Strength, Courage, Wisdom), Vaporeon on my left wrist (its a pokemon) and on my left shoulder blade two dragons wrapped around a rose. Wanting more ink and hoping to get some soon.

I have two.

I wanted one very bad and when I finally turned 18 I went and got one of a small dolphin jumping behind the moon on my upper thigh. It was just a picture of a tattoo design that they had on the wall. I wanted one so bad that I really didn't care what it looked like. I wish I would have put a little more thought into it now.

When I was about 25 I got another one on my back. I love Dave Matthews Band and it's of their 'Fire Dancer' symbol. I had to have back surgery a few years ago and I'm so mad because I have a HUGE scare going down the middle of it now!

I got both of them put where I can hide them if I don't want people to see them for some reason. I think I actually hid the first one I got on my thigh from my parents for about a year because I didn't want to get yelled at for getting it! :roflmao:

No way

Can't get a professional job with one

I know people with full sleeve tattoos that have jobs as Nurses and are well esteemed, maybe its different in the states and sometimes employers DO discriminate, but really are those employers worth it? Nope.

I have two.

I wanted one very bad and when I finally turned 18 I went and got one of a small dolphin jumping behind the moon on my upper thigh. It was just a picture of a tattoo design that they had on the wall. I wanted one so bad that I really didn't care what it looked like. I wish I would have put a little more thought into it now.

When I was about 25 I got another one on my back. I love Dave Matthews Band and it's of their 'Fire Dancer' symbol. I had to have back surgery a few years ago and I'm so mad because I have a HUGE scare going down the middle of it now!

I got both of them put where I can hide them if I don't want people to see them for some reason. I think I actually hid the first one I got on my thigh from my parents for about a year because I didn't want to get yelled at for getting it! :roflmao:

My mom was pretty cool and signed off on my first tattoo (the one on my shoulder blade) when I was 16. She was more unimpressed about certain peircings I got that she only found out about when she was helping me into my grad dress!:roflmao:

My mom wasn't too happy when she found out I had a belly button ring. I was put into a coma when I first got to the hospital I had to have all sorts of testing done that I couldn't have any sorts of metal on my body. She didn't know I had one until the nurses took it out and gave it to her to hold on to.

I love well done Tattoos but I don't have any myself, nor do I think I'll get any. I think that if I can't even decide what I want to wear each day then something so permanent wouldn't be a good idea.

Tia Maria, your dopamine tattoo made me think of a book I have on my coffee table: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Science-Ink-Tattoos-Obsessed/dp/1454912405"]Science Ink: Tattoos of the Science Obsessed: Carl Zimmer, Mary Roach: 9781454912408: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51I40bQk9gL.@@AMEPARAM@@51I40bQk9gL[/ame] It's got some cool stuff in it (IMO) but I've always gotten a kick out of people who have tattoos of specific molecules.

When I lived in Vancouver a friend of mine was almost done from head to toe, full sleeves, boots & bod-nothing facial though. Walking around I passed one of the free newspaper holders and saw her on the cover. The article said that at one point she was known to be the woman with the most ink in the world. I did love bumping into her because she'd always show me her most recent addition, tell me about the style and its history and how it was modified (if it was) to reflect her preferences.

It was something on my bucket list to have a tattoo done, somewhere that wasn't going to hinder my employment (easy to hide) but also easy to show off.

I love music, my dad was musically talented and some of it had passed on to me before he passed away.

I have a small collection of music notes on my wrist, where I can hide it with a bracelet. I had it done 6 years ago, and my mom still hasn't noticed because I wear a bracelet every time I go and visit her... I don't live with her, which makes it easier. :)

I'll be in trouble if she finds it... she thinks they are awful!

I'm also an audiophile, Growing up a good friend of my parents was a promoter. I own instruments but don't play any of them very well but I had to notice one day a woman had a tattoo on her wrist of a bass cleff with the top touching the belly of an upside-down treble clef to form a heart. http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/9TR/aMX/9TRaMX5Te.png

When I was 19 my friend and I went to a cheesy tattoo parlor and got matching heart with wings tattoos on our right rear hips. She was too wimpy to let him finish so hers didn't have wings, lol.

A few yrs later I was at a friends house who had a handmade tattoo gun and I asked him if he could fix it up a bit after we'd been drinking. Big mistake, as you can imagine.

It hasn't fared real well over the 25 yrs it's been there. Gaining weight and losing weight, 3 pregnancies...I'm thanking my lucky stars I don't have to see it. And it's about the side of a quarter.

In certain circumstances and professions, having lots of tattoos doesn't look very professional to me. But that's just me.

When I lived in Vancouver a friend of mine was almost done from head to toe, full sleeves, boots & bod-nothing facial though.

I used to help out the local volunteer with fire department, not fighting fires but with fundraising events and parades, a good many years back.

There's a nudist colony in the township and once a year the fire department would have a parade there, everyone in the fire department kept their clothes on.

There was a man there who was covered, except for his face, in a tattoo that looked like lizard skin. They called him 'The Lizard Man'. It was really neat to see. All the naked people were too :roflmao:

I used to help out the local volunteer with fire department, not fighting fires but with fundraising events and parades, a good many years back.

There's a nudist colony in the township and once a year the fire department would have a parade there, everyone in the fire department kept their clothes on.

There was a man there who was covered, except for his face, in a tattoo that looked like lizard skin. They called him 'The Lizard Man'. It was really neat to see. All the naked people were too :roflmao:

The lizard skin sounds really interesting.

That's funny since I'd met the friend I'd mentioned at wreck beach (the nude beach for those unfamiliar with Vancouver).

Last edited:
The lizard skin guy was really neat. I wish I could have been able to take a picture of him but there are some rules there!

There were other people at the nudist colony who had some interesting tattoos but the lizard skin guy was the best!

Back
Top Bottom