Anyone else from New Zealand here?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Plingie

New
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any other Kiwi's here? I'm in Christchurch and trying to figure out what help is available (ie transport, safety/sos phones etc)

It would be nice to talk to another New Zealander or two.

Waves from Hawaii!

New Zealand is on my short list for travel destinations coming up. I was only there once for one day (a cruise ship stopover) but I have always wanted to go back. Such a lovely place.

p.s. I know this doesn't help you a bit with getting the resources you need but I just wanted to say hi. :)

Plingie, wish I could tell you I am a New Zealander, but I'd be throwing you a little fib. I'm a USA guy who now lives in Canada. You will find several here at Coping With Epilepsy that can talk with you well :)

New Zealand is pretty awesome, though I've never been anywhere else, except Australia ;)

I do like that we have free healthcare. I was recently in the neuro ward for a few days and paid nothing at all.

I'm flabbergasted when I hear stories of people not getting the care they need in the US because of insurance issues :S

Where abouts in Canada are you?

Hi Plingie :)

I think there are a few Kiwis here, but maybe they don't check in every day. A lot of people are regulars for a while, then disappear for a bit, then come back off and on. Don't give up just yet. :)

My mom got to visit New Zealand to visit her husband's children. She loved it there. :)

BTW, welcome to CWE!

Saskatchewan, Canada. We get free healthcare here as well but one does have to be careful which neurologist we go to. My first two here in Saskatchewan were terrible... one of them wanted me to just quit my medication cold turkey... but the one I found with a five hour drive is near as good as my neurologist in USA. But I must say insurance is an issue in USA, though being a guy from military, I was able to get a great neurologist there who I traveled to see even after I moved to Canada (10 hour drive).

Is your neurologist there in New Zealand pretty good?

Back
Top Bottom