Anyone want to buy a book?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

renee97

New
Reaction score
I am not sure if this should be in "The Library," "The Auditorium," or where.
I purchased Oliver Sacks' book "Musicophilia," and try as I might, I just don't like it. I find it difficult to wade through, I find his lack of insight or logic a little bizarre (but then considering my own experience with Neurologists, this should not surprise me), and this is one of those times when I just want to throw the **** book across the room. It is in mint condition. The store I purchased it from also deals in used books and I may just take it there and ask for whatever they can give me. Unless I can persuade someone to pay me closer to what I paid for it!
Mr. Sacks may be an "prominent Neurologist with excellent writing credentials," but I find this book just annoying. Any takers?
r97

Musician turned Neurologist

I have a book called "This is Your Brain on Music" by Daniel J Levin. The preface states that he was a musician first before turning to neurology at Stanford U.
Speber, do you want to borrow it? I ain't really done with it, but school takes priority.

Back
Top Bottom