Doing two things at once

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Oh, thank

you for the giggles this morning. I thought it was just me. My partner and family have now taken to saying (when I do something like this) "Oh, it's just a Meetz thing!!" shaking their heads with huge grins on their faces, and laughing at the same time. Every last one of them. Oy.

thanks for the laughs! it's nice to hear these things are going on other places than just my house!
I was always a great multi-tasker! I still am...okay, no I am not. I just like to think I still am.
Come on..I meant to put my empty lunchbox on the fridge and the uneaten peeled oranges in the cereal cabinet. and yes, i like leaving the water running in the sink while i watch tv in the living room. oh, i left those cabinet doors open for decorative reasons..the kitchen looks bigger..duh. I like all the silverware sitting all lined up on the counter. just keepin you all on your toes!!
apparently when i'm running around or just in a moment or trying to be like the old me these kinds of things happen. I don't always know what I do during my "mommy moments" but I do hear stories. and I wonder why when I try to cook someone always takes over or is watching my every move.

i dont know why they trust me to cook at home with almost no sense of smell. these are some great post

I've found out that food won't cook and water won't boil if you don't turn on the oven and/or stove. I had a big pot of water on the burner for 20 minutes and it never started to boil I looked and saw the burner wasn't even on!

I was telling my grandma about the things that you guys put on here, she like a good laugh. Turns out she was making a meat loaf one time and instead of bread crumbs she grabbed the lemon pepper. She used at least a 1/2 a cup of it if not more. Want to talk nasty tasting. I'm not even sure if the animals even ate that thing when she threw it out!!! I think my family should just stay away from making meat loaf all together.

is this why so many cell phones and keys end up in the freezer

I've found out that food won't cook and water won't boil if you don't turn on the oven and/or stove. I had a big pot of water on the burner for 20 minutes and it never started to boil I looked and saw the burner wasn't even on!

i did this recently. i was cooking a base for casserole and was just trying melt the shredded cheddar in it. 15 minutes in, my daughter comes to check on me and I'm frustrated. i did turn the burner on. just put the pot on a different burner. :paperbag:

is this why so many cell phones and keys end up in the freezer

maybe it's not us...maybe everyone should put their cell phones and keys in the freezer! some days i want to intentionally put my cell phone in there!

i did this recently. i was cooking a base for casserole and was just trying melt the shredded cheddar in it. 15 minutes in, my daughter comes to check on me and I'm frustrated. i did turn the burner on. just put the pot on a different burner. :paperbag:

I've done this sooooo many times too. I can't figure out why what ever it is that I'm cooking won't cook because the stove is hot. That's when I realize that I've got the wrong burner on.

I have a really bad problem with putting the home phone in my pocket when I go some where instead of my cell. Had it with me all day once and didn't realize it until I got home. Had to go out and get a new phone that time, it didn't work any more.

I can't multi-task worth a darn anymore. This evening I was going to do some laundry: I gathered some laundry, carried it to the washing machine but realized I hadn't moved previous load to the dryer - no big deal, do that all the time - so I put the dirty clothes in a chair and proceeded to move wet clothes to the dryer. Just at that time, my dad asked for some coffee, I got it for him. Then I saw the clothes in the chair - the clothes I had meant to put in the washer - picked them up and took them to my room and carefully folded them and put them in their proper drawers. It took several minutes to realized I had folded and put away dirty clothes. :roflmao:

My mom made a huge Easter dinner and one of the things we had were ribs. I kept grabbing my buttered dinner roll and wiping my hand and face off with! After about five times of doing this I finall put the roll about 2 feet away from my plate and actually started using my napkin.

Back
Top Bottom