Family Lines, history, etc??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yeah your right on that Sabre Tooth Tiger v Wooden Stick.

Makes you wonder how humans survived... Aliens?

Anyhow back on topic, my family line is clean for epilepsy & mental illness but some recent generations lived through traumatic events in history.

Lmao at Aliens :)

300,000 years ago when we fighting sabre-tooth tigers, we were using 2.3m spears, were among the best hunters and were not only the most intelligent species around, but also the only ones with tools such as that.

There's a reason why we've been the Dons since the dinosaurs died out- and it's evolution.

If we weren't the top species then, we wouldn't be here talking about it now.

There'd be another creature with an internet site devoted to E, and we'd be either an historic memory or their pets or food..

That's a very interesting question George.

A particular gene (AUTS2, a fast-developing gene which is being researched in humans as a possible link to autism, ADHD and other conditions such as E) was found to contain a very different sequence in Neanderthals, and has only developed into it's current form since humans came along.

If this gene does lead to hyper-excitability of neurons in humans, then Neanderthals had a different version of it- and so it can be posited that maybe no, they didn't.

However this is very tricky science though lol And is a hypothesis that depends on some as yet unknown factors. It's not like we can ask them.. :)

Back on track- I too tried to discover any history of E or other conditions which maybe related to it in my recent family, but came up blank.

My father died from a brain embolism though, but (apparently) isn't linked to my E.

Last edited:
I know what I'm descended from on my Maternal side, Polish and Irish, but my Paternal side is very mixed up, I think there's a bit of everything there.

And on my Paternal side, I have an Uncle who was believed to have had seizures when he was a child, but with his being severely autistic, many of the dr's that they had gone to when he was a child weren't able to figure out what was happening to him or how best to help him with everyday life.

But I haven't had epilepsy passed down to me. I've had dr's confirm that.

Back
Top Bottom