Fires

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MMRocks

New
Reaction score
I am in an area that is literally surrounded by thousands of burning acres of woods. I'm in northern Idaho; Idaho is burning, so are Washington and Oregon.

The smoke is so bad, my eyes have been burning for days. It's eerily quiet, I guess smoke has a muffling effect. There are new bugs here that I've never seen before, I'm assuming they are fleeing from their former habitats.

We have hazardous air quality index, so everyone is advised to stay inside. This means my 3yr old has not been outside to play for 4 days, which is making her cranky.

It just is difficult, and worrysome. Between the smoke and the stress I'm seizing a lot more. I wish it would rain.

Yikes. I have been through many wildfire seasons in my former home of southern California.
Yes, when even the bugs are looking for new homes, you know it's a bad one.

I wish I could ship you some of the excess rain we have had here in the past few days. People in the low lying areas are sandbagging their houses and businesses and several spots of highway are completely underwater (passable with 4wd but wouldn't try it with a Mini).

Stay safe. Maybe consider a vacation?

That must be very difficult ... claustrophobic. I am in Washington but not right in the fire country. Even here everything is gray and muffled. My eyes and nose have been stinging for days. Stay safe and take good care of yourself.

we've got 200+ burning at this time... so hello and hugs from BC. this has been a really bad year eh :(

I live in CA and the fire season is really a bad one. I think the Rough fire is only 17% contained. You can google it. It is in the Sequoia's. They are having bad bugs to. The air quality is bad.

bidwell..... you're not far from BC so i assume the smokiness is coming from us? you must be as tired of the smell and burning as we are. i can't bloody wait until winter :)

I think you are right. I live on the I-5 corridor, which runs north/south, and you can see it sweeping in from the north. But the really acrid smoke here is from the Okanagan. But I think they are all the same -- the B.C., Idaho, Washington fires. I live down the street from a fire station -- a staging stop -- lots of activity and the flag flying at half mast and it is all so painful. Rain is in the forecast for later this week. I would not mind a little winter weather!

Actually you have inspired me to look at a map, which I will do later -- basically I think it is the same fire. The fire doesn't know it has crossed state or national boundaries!

hmmm you could be right. just don't make ours bigger and burn down all our world-famous wineries okay?! lol THAT'S where we draw the line!! :roflmao:

We are seeing and inhaling smoke all the way out here in the Colorado Rockies! My nephew is a forest firefighter and is one that has been up in Idaho and Washington state fighting those nasty fires. So needless to say, my sister worries. And my son has asthma, so it is effecting his breathing here as well. I sure hope they get them contained SOON!

Hi Cint,

I am sorry to hear that. I have been real sick from the smoke. I have asthma. I had a lot of seizures yesterday.

The Rough fire is 52,000 acres burned. It is burning down the beautiful Sequoia's that CA is known for.

Ruth, Take care of yourself. I hope the air lightens up as the week goes on. This is so sad about the Sequoias. It is supposed to turn cool and rainy in Western Washington by the weekend. But take care of yourself as best you can!

I pray for rain, rain dance for rain, imagine the sound of rain coming down...

Smoke is much worse today, my eyes are bloodshot red and weepy. I thought they were getting contained, but apparantly they got worse overnight.

I sure hope you get some rain. I thought they were getting those fires contained, too. We could at least see the mountains today. Had a few sprinkles last night. Let's pray you guys get some rain NOW!!!

I will not demand for rain, just pray. This winter is suppose to get us to much rain.

The fire is 52,000 acres and 17% per cent contained. That is the rough fire. I check on google rough fire and I get all of the information.

Most of the fires are out in CA.

Michelle, I just took in the info on the Idaho fires and it sounds like you have some time yet to go in limbo. Rain and cooler is predicted in western Washington by Friday.the sky is still funny.

I am never going to forget that first post you wrote about all those woods burning around you -- that was a masterful piece of writing. It is amazing that sometime soon this will all be behind you. It is amazing that in the midst of all the discomfort and worry, you wrote that evocative post. Really!

Carry on! My best, Bidwell

Bidwell, I am glad that you are getting cooler weather. That will make it easier to put out the fires.

We're in the 100 degree range and that makes it difficult to put out the fires.

Back
Top Bottom