France.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
Rip

We all know about the horror in Paris ,just felt right thing to do pay respects and sympathy as I think some French on this site

I know this has nothing to do with epilepsy but I just though I should say something, last night I was watching Ireland play an international match when a news flash came across the screen, there had been a shooting and bombings in Paris, France, 128 people are dead, 300 injured, 80 of them seriously. Bombs went of outside the Stade de France football stadium where France and Germany played a friendly, the German football team spent the night at Stade de France after Paris attacks.

It is suspected there could be British Nationals injured or killed.

At lest the American Band, Eagles of Death Metal who were playing are safe.

I would just like to give my condolence and sympathy to all.

Last edited:
I did not see this thread I said same Cathy is merging them.I agree all sites who ever they are what ever we have must stand in Union with the French and I gather people in Brussels now.RIP

seagull

I agree as well with CathyAnn31 it was a good thing to do and I totally agree with you. Yes there was a third group it would seem who drove to Belgium and they were arrested this evening.

My sympathies to all who suffered in this attack, as well in the suicide bombing in Beirut on Thuresday. So sad. So horrifying, senseless, and repugnant.

Nakamova

Senseless is so true on every front and it just seems to get worse every day.

Paris

Shootings and bombes were on seven different places in Paris within a few hours. It was all very well planned and coordinated.

It started at half past nine PM with the bombs in the football stadium. President Hollande was present there to watch the friendly game between France and Germany.They were supposed to go of in the stadium but a bomb belt was discovered while the terrorist entered and 3 men committed their suicide attacks before they were in the center of the mass. There could have been far more victims there. People were held in the stadium for several hours while all over Paris other shootings occurred. The German football team had to spend the night in the stadium. Shootings with Kalashnikovs were on and in several terraces and restaurants in the city. The public in a concert hall where a rock band was playing was held hostage for several hours. Most of the victims fell there. Three terrorist shot a lot of young people and blew up themselves when the police entered to end it.

Seven terrorists killed themselves during their attacks. IS claimed the attacks today because of France's interventions and bombings in Syria and they threatened to go on with terrors as long as France does. 129 People died, 352 were wounded of whom 99 critical. Paris is in total shock and is closed up. No schools opened today, many public buildings stayed closed, Disneyland Paris was closed, there is a ban on assembly on the streets, police, soldiers and anti terror brigades are all over the city. Public buildings are one by one colored in blue, white and red. People are devastated but at the same time determined not to let IS to define their life and values. They light candles and lay down flowers. They are crying in the streets and in their homes.

Europe is shocked. People in Holland certainly are. The terror at Charlie Hebdo in February was terrible but this massacre yesterday was a total disaster. We watch tv with live news out of France all day since it started yesterday evening. This is so close to my country, just a few hours drive. It feels like it happened to my neighbors and friends. And @#%&*%, I have just booked a mini holiday to Paris for 21, 22 and 23 December with my husband and two youngest kids. My husband is doubting whether we should go... I want to wait how it develops but at the same time I am afraid. Three Dutch people were injured yesterday of whom two very seriously.

Time to wipe out IS as far as I'm concerned!

Last edited:
This is the BBC update as of this afternoon:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34823938

As someone who has lived in Paris and loved its people, all I can say is Sacre Bleu!
WTF is this world coming to?

Someone was trying to make a point about something but all that really ended up happening was pain and sorrow. It changed nothing. It solved nothing. So pointless.

Last edited:
I watched 3 minutes of the news of France and could watch no more. It was so senseless.

I would not go to any major city or gathering during the holidays. That is when they are most likely to strike again!!

I feel for my French family.

If anything I think this kind of cowardly attack on innocent civilians enjoying a Friday night out in one of the most beautiful cities on earth, will backfire on the perpetrators.

Did they really think the President of France would change his policies abroad because several hundred of his people were shot?

The French are a proud and tenacious people. If anything this will strengthen France's stance.

And, as DutchMom said, all of Europe feels as if this happened to their neighbors. And then there are all the people from all over the world like me who have fond memories of time spent in Paris.

The world community is not going to sit by and let them get away with this.

I saw a video of the French in some enclosed place singing a song after the attacks. It was moving.

Like Ruth, I watched very little of the coverage. Some of us can't take any more stress.

Most safety in this world is a mirage at this point.

Last edited:
That was the football supporters in th stade de France football stadium.

Take a look at "Isobel Bowdery" account of what happened on facebook she is a survivor.

I saw a video of the French in some enclosed place singing a song after the attacks. It was moving.

Like Ruth, I watched very little of the coverage. Some of us can't take any more stress.

Most safety in this world is a mirage at his point.

Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture it makes us human.Every bit of surport we and all other groups stand together may be bad things will stop happening to good people.Lets pray the Internet is flooded by people with like minds to most of us.Most of us here can't take anymore stress that's why we here other groups with disabilities stand together any tiny bit you can do and starting a thread like this was my way.Turning away do not help your e.Many of those people wil proberly needs groups like ours I for one would like to say I try surport you in anyway I can and be privileged to do so.Learn why things happen how to handle it and stop it.With more understanding and maybe we will adage that help you with e aswel

We all are Charlie. We all are Paris.

franse vlag.jpg

Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité.

The friendly football game Germany-Netherlands tonight was canceled just 30 minutes before the game should kick of because of concrete threatening's of terrorists bombs in Hannover Germany. The crowd was evacuated from the stadium. They planned to open the game with playing the Marseillaise instead of the Dutch and German anthems.

Back
Top Bottom