Gosh, I hate to get phone calls from the doctor's office!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

dfwtexas

New
Reaction score
You know when they call you, it's not anything good. I had gone to neurolgist this week. They did blood work. So far no seizures in past 2 months and he said I wouldn't have to come back until January (unless I have a seizure). But they called and said there was a big change in my blood test since the last one in May. Said the levels relating to my liver are very elevated and they were sending the results over to my internist, so I should expect to hear from him on Monday.
I am only on Keppra for seizures, so I don't think it is seizure/meds related.(especially since he is wanting another doc to help me with it) I think it may be more fallout from all the meds I have been on for past two years relating to double compound fractures and infections and all that went with that.
This is bumming me out...just when I think I am going to get thru all this, I get knocked down again.
i really don't know much about this abnormal blood work, I know my son got very upset when I told him about the call.

...and I say YAY :clap: someone is actually looking at the test and comparing.
I had to beg a doctor to sit with me and discuss all the inconsistencies that I saw.
Not the news that you wanted to hear, but it might be your answer. So many people wish that puzzle piece would be turned over for them. You may be one of the lucky few, and give others HOPE.
Grasp that rope and hold on.

silver linings.... if you weren't getting regular bloodwork, you might have a potentially serious situation go undiscovered. Congrats on being seizure free for 2 months!

Congrats on being seizure free for 2 months. :) Just think....whatever the doc wants to talk to you about, it may be reversible. An remember, the body is very resilient. But I agree, getting calls like that at work are disheartening.

Well, I am glad I have yall to vent to. Still waiting to hear back from doc. My body has been thru so much in the past 2 years...it's not as resilent as it was before that. My best friend left on vacation on the morning before I got the call. She has been calling and emailing me to check in. But no need in saying anything to her at this point.

My son is concerned that this is related to hydrocodone that I have been on since May 06....but there's not really an option not to have me on this due to pain in arm.

Back
Top Bottom