A great night for me! Some sister's included too

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
Tonight we had a Meet the Author event at a local theater, it was Peter S. Beagle, he wrote The Last Unicorn. They played the movie, and then had a drawing with the movie tickets to win various prizes, and shockingly, I won!

I won the movie poster and was able to have the poster signed by him, and was able to have him sign the books dust jacket, I unfortunately lost the book with all the moving we've done in the past 5, 6 years (it drives me nuts to buy a hardcover book and have the dust jacket destroyed within day's so I always put them away) but I don't care LOL I've never been close to a great author before in my life and it was GREAT!

Last edited:
Nice to win a prize! Hope you continue to have good luck...
Did you get to chat with the author at all?

I always remove the dust jackets from hardcover books too! They drive me crazy they slip all over the place while you're reading. But that's awesome you got to meet the author, my favorite author never comes to bookstores around me. I always wanted to ask him why his books never got made into movies.

Nakamova, I wasn't able to chat other than to tell him he's "my favorite author and thank you." There were a lot of people, but I was able to shake his hand also, and I hope too, that good luck will keep coming my way!

I'm also happy that I remember what happened that night! Usually I forget what I've done, seen, went within a half hour, 45 min's, it's probably because it was such a fantastic night and I kept going over the night in my mind. (And my sister's kept talking about it the rest of the night too!)

Last edited:
Now I need to convince my father when I buy the frame for the poster that I also need to buy a piece of UV glass to use instead of the cheap plastic, or the regular glass that comes with it, the UV glass will prevent the colors on the poster from fading. It's a bit more expensive than normal replacement framing glass but it will be worth it!

I found my book! Well, I should say my younger sister did, I guess I had lent it to my niece to read and forgot, shockingly, about it!

Back
Top Bottom