I had a job interview today!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I'm so hoping I get this job! Since all of my kiddos are in school now, I really wanted to get a part time job during their school hours to get some extra income coming in. So, I thought I'd look into the Public School System. I could work during their school hours, and the employees get the same days off during their breaks and summer as the students do! It would work perfect for me!

I started applying back in May. But I wanted to wait til my neuro follow up appointment on August 30th before putting a start date down. As I was filling out applications online, I just put my start date as 9/1/12. If things were brought up at my neuro appointment that would affect that date, I would have changed it. But my dr says I can stay on the Keppra XR til I see him again a year from now.

I had a interview for a para position on July 2nd. Then again today for a elementary school. The hours are freaking awesome! I drop the kids off at their school at 7:45am, (They like to have free breakfast at their school with their friends) their school starts at 8:15am and they get out at 2:53pm. The hours for the position I interviewed today for is 9:30am to 1:30pm. Which works fine for me. It would give me time for myself after dropping the kids off at school, and time before picking them up from school!

Im just praying I get this position!

I so badly want to get out and interact with adults! I feel like Ive been a prisioner in this home for the past 8 years! I need adult conversations! :roflmao::rock:

Please keep us posted! It sounds like the perfect job (and hours) for you! Good Luck!

That is awesome! I hope you get the job, plus you get out and can socialize. Best of luck.

Yes, thats what I said to the four ladies who interviewed me today! I told them how I loved being around children, and having three of my own, I needed to get out and have some interaction with some adults! :roflmao: They all just laughed! I really enjoyed by job at the daycare I had a couple of years ago, and thought this would be a good way to get my foot back in the door when it came to being around kids!

heck I even saw positions at the high schools here. The only thing that held me back from that, was the fact that I'd be dealing with "Teenagers"! :roflmao: I think Im better at handling elementary kids!:banana::roflmao:

haha, well it sounds like they liked you. So that is a good sign. I couldn't work at a high school, plus they would think I was a student!

LOL, Yeah I dont think id enjoy working at high school. I thought it was pretty funny though today. before going to the interview I stopped to get a small bite to eat, and went through McD's Drive thru. When I went to pay, the guy kept staring and smiling. I handed him the money, and he said, "forget it, I dont let beautiful ladies pay!"... OMG! :roflmao: you would think he would get in trouble for not taking my money for my order! LOL

It just made my day! :)

Kristin: I hope you get the job. I was a one-on-one tutor for behaviorally challenged grade school kids for a while and absolutely loved the job and the interaction with other adults.

Let us know..and the free lunch.WOW cannot remember the last time someone did a double-take of me let alone buy me lunch.

Kristin -
Good luck, I hope you do get the job :).
What was the actual position you applied for?

fingers crossed and prayers will be sent up, just paused for that one :)

hope you bag this one! You deserve it.

Thank you everyone for the prayers! They are very much appreciated! :)

The position I applied for is a Para Position at an elementary school. Its a four hour shift, and requires me helping around the school with teachers, recess and cafe supervision, etc. I didnt get the full download of where I would be, but just got the basic idea of what I would be doing.

That's great news! and Yes Elementary school kids are the least judgmental ones. Good Luck! :D

Best of luck! I hope you hear back from them regardless of the outcome! But it's a good sign when you can make them laugh!
As far as the McDonalds treat goes...don't question it! Just enjoy it!

The position I applied for is a Para Position at an elementary school. Its a four hour shift, and requires me helping around the school with teachers, recess and cafe supervision, etc. I didnt get the full download of where I would be, but just got the basic idea of what I would be doing.
The hours sound great & gives you plenty of time to spend with the boys after school :)
Just to confirm is a para position like a teachers aide - assists teachers by helping some of the kids (think it's often kids with disabilities or learning problems) in the classroom?

I didnt get the job.... :( Just found out through an email they closed and filled the position. I had my hopes up too high..... I know my time will come when the right job comes about... I just pray its soon!

Kristin

I am sorry to hear that you missed out, but you will get the good one you want. Hang in there

Thank you Fedup. I hope so... Ive had two interviews in the past couple of months... for two different positions. Im just tired of being at home all these years. I enjoyed being able to stay at home and watch my kids grow and learn new things... but Im ready for some adult conversations! LOL

Sorry you didn't get the job this time but there is something out there for you.
I know when I look for work I try not to get to excited about the job, I usually aim for an interview & if I did get the job then that would be great. I hate job interviews so just to get to an interview stage makes me happy.

I am sorry you didn't get the position, especially when it's a job you REALLY want. No doubt, you will have a great job eventually. Best of luck friend.

Sorry you didn't get the job -- their loss! Hope another good one comes along soon.

It doesn't hurt to follow up with the school anyway --- let them know you were glad to be considered, and that they should keep you in mind in case the position opens up again. You never know...

Back
Top Bottom