I met the famous neurosurgeon today

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cint

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
Ben Carson was in town doing a book signing of his current book, "One Nation".
I had my picture taken with him, along with my son and daughter, and he signed his book that I had purchased quite a while back.

I also was able to speak with his wife for a few minutes, telling her that I admire him more than any neurosurgeon I had ever read about. I've read several of his books and his autobiography. I also told her I was only interested in neurosurgeons because I had it done. That was when she gave me a big hug!

Wow, that's great! I would love to meet him. He is a very special neurosurgeon for sure.

Last edited:
I heard a story that I believe to be real about a little boy that went to the pharmacy to try to buy a miracle for his little sister because he heard his parents say it was to only thing that could help her. Dr. Carson was there talking with his pharmacist brother and heard the little boy ask about buying a miracle for his sister. Dr. Carson asked about his little sister and asked him how much money he had. The kid had less than $2.00 but Dr. Carson told him that's how much the miracle cost and he preformed the miracle.

From what I've read, Dr. Carson's brother, Curtis, is an Aerospace Engineer and now lives in Atlanta. So I have no idea where you heard that story. And, I don't think he (Dr. Carson) can perform miracles, either. Although he is a very fine Christian man, he isn't god. He has lost some patients, too. He did separate a set of siamese twins that were joined at the head and they later died.

Last edited:
From what I've read, Dr. Carson's brother, Curtis, is an Aerospace Engineer and now lives in Atlanta. So I have no idea where you heard that story. And, I don't think he (Dr. Carson) can perform miracles, either. Although he is a very fine Christian man, he isn't god. He has lost some patients, too. He did separate a set of siamese twins that were joined at the head and they later died.

I will google and see if I can find anything. I don't want to put out false info. I it is false I will delete if possible.

Since I could find nothing to corroborate what I heard I have deleted that portion of my post. I am still very happy for you that you got to meet such a talented doctor and had the chance to talk with his wife.

I had not heard of Dr. Carson nor known who he was until a few months ago when I attended a political event and saw a well organized (and funded) push to promote him as a political candidate.

I had not heard of Dr. Carson nor known who he was until a few months ago when I attended a political event and saw a well organized (and funded) push to promote him as a political candidate.

:ponder: Ever since my unsuccessful brain surgery years ago, I've been seeking answers and came across his name when his first book "Gifted Hands" was available. They also made a movie with the same title.

He has separated siamese twins, joined at the top of the head and done hemispherectomies on severe pediatric epilepsy patients at Johns Hopkins.

BTW, he may be a presidential candidate.

Back
Top Bottom