I'm an antique! Or so I'm told...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
O.k...it was a slap in my face when I turned 30. I spent my 20's in college and was used to being the "young one." But a few weeks ago, I realized how dated I really am.

I was at my mother's house with my two nieces (ages 8 and 13). My mom brought out a box of toys from my childhood that she had saved for the grandchildren.

She pulled out my Fisher-Price wind-up record player. The kids just looked at it. The eight year old said, "What is that?" The 13 year old said, "it's an antique stupid."

I sat and listened as the older child explained to the younger that an antique means "something's really old." And then semi-laughing, I heard the words I didn't think I would hear for a long time. She continued explaining, "You know, really old like Julie and Grandma." :eek::roflmao:

I sat stunned, and without hesitation, I found myself blurting out, "Actually to be a true antique it needs to be at least 100 years old, and I am not 100 and neither is my record player!" (Was that the Keppra talking???...and did I just defend my record player???)

Well, this is "Antique" Julie signing off for the night. And Molly, "Danger Will Robinson" :D

Last edited:
LOL.....I know how you feel.....I remember the first time I got called Ma'am....

Wait until someone you think look nice offers you his/her place on the bus...

Ok I had a cane because of a bad back (after first TC in september), but still. Not long ago people where always thinking I was younger than I really was. :snif:

When I hit 30 my niece Angel who was 15 said Aunt Belinda I thought you'd be young forever. She's now 31 and has a baby of her own.

When I have ppl call me maam that makes me feel old especially when there older than me.
I'm always told I look younger my age I'll be 47 Dec.17 o"ouch"

Belinda

Nifty Fifty

Eat your heart out.:pfft:
(Problem is, sonny boy, I gotta take a nap after trying to keep up with you.)

:roflmao:

"You know, really old like Julie and Grandma."

Now that's FUNNY :)

I'm always told I look younger my age I'll be 47 Dec.17 o"ouch"

It doesn't hurt 'too' bad belinda. I have been there (47) since May. Unfortunately, I look like it. :(

Wait until someone you think look nice offers you his/her place on the bus...

Yea ... that one sucks.:paperbag:

Certain unnamed daughters of mine have taught my Grandson to say that Papa is older than dirt. With more gray hair showing up all the time, I have a harder time denying it. Oh well - might as well look forward to that Nifty Fifty.

I *think* (with this ancient, partial brain) that I'm the oldest poster on the board .... I will turn 65 next July.
Now, THAT'S antique.

Back
Top Bottom