I'm Moving..

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Kate

New
Reaction score
Yup.. this 20 year old is moving to PA! All by myself too. Okay, a friend is driving me there. I was a nanny before I had epilepsy.. and now I'm going back to being a nanny, now that I have gone awhile without having a seizure. My doctors think it's alright, my EEG is normal, and my parents are okay with it... so.. off I go!

The family I'm working for knows everything, and I won't go into detail about their family, but don't worry, they aren't young children, and if I was to need help, they are old enough to dial 911 or be alone for a while. I am just there to cook for them, clean up after them, help tutor, etc.

I move in towards the end of this month. = ) Last time I was a nanny I actually lived an hour away in a different town in PA, so it's rather ironic the town I'm living in now is so close. It's also GREAT because I have friends there. (How I'm able to have a friend fly out here and drive me there, etc.)

I know I haven't been posting often at all lately, but I do read and keep updated on everyone. I've been very busy, still traveling a lot, etc. Now I'm very excited about settling down in a state I absolutely love, with a job I love. The family and I get along wonderfully, and things couldn't be much better for me. It's going to be harder then last time, because I'm still on my medication that makes me so drowsy, but.. I know I can do it!

Talk to you all in awhile. = ) I'll most likely make a post when I'm all settled in.

Yeah for Kate!

I'm glad that you're doing something that makes you happy.........:clap::bigsmile:

Kate -
Congratulations on your new job. You seem so excited and I am sure that everything will work out just fine for you. I'm sure you are a wonderful nanny.

Kate,
That is so wonderful!! I am glad to hear you're doing so well and starting a new phase in your life. I noticed you haven't posted in a while..but it's because you are off enjoying yourself and doing so great!! Pennsylvania is a beautiful state. When we lived in Princeton, we would drive into the country and we loved it Keep us posted on how you are doing and best wishes for your new job and new adventure! I love your attitude!!!!
You are a go-getter girl!!!!
Take care!!
Michelle

Kate, it's great to hear that you haven't had any seizure activity lately!

I was thinking about you, and so glad that the news is good.
I wish you the best of luck, and that this is a new chapter for you.

Hi Kate!

Sure have missed your 'smile' around here. So glad to hear that your E is doing better. I guess now I will need to turn around to wave hello to you (you were west of me, now moving east).

Funny thing, my daughter is moving back this way from PA.

Stay in touch, your posts are always welcome here.

:rock:

Back
Top Bottom