Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MrE

And this is suppose to be funny why? I don't think a criminal breaking into someones house is the least bit funny...regardless of the reason

If you cannot see the good side even of the bad then the job just gets harder, even an artist looks for the good.

MrE

If you cannot see the good side even of the bad then the job just gets harder, even an artist looks for the good.

and this is based on your own perception or the perception of what is considered to be socially acceptable?

I can most certainly see the "good side of the bad" in many situations...but unlike most people I'm careful about what I consider to be "humorous" because the mind can wander to places it rationally shouldn't (which can unintentionally spawn irrational behavior)...everyone paints their own picture in their mind...thus everyone is an "artist"...the only problem here is that some can't tell the difference between "good" and "bad" based on what is socially perceived to be acceptable/moral because they've allowed themselves to be programmed to a default setting...in other words compartmentalized...there is truly a danger in consciously being aware of what is/but shouldn't be and what isn't/but believed to be...

We all want to laugh as laughter is the best medicine...but I'd rather laugh with the "good" than at the "bad"

Last edited:
MrE

Sorry if I offended your sense of good or bad, right or wrong but who are we are to judge the behavior rational or irrational of any single person. To say that any person is not endowed with reason is something that can be attributed to any person and an assumption made without knowing the person. What seems irrational to you and I can seem sensible, rational, and intelligent to somebody else. I like to think of myself as a logical person while another may see this as a form of neuroses. But a lack of intelligence does not define me and far from correct as for my perception of what is considered to be socially acceptable is defined by my actions which so far have not spawned the irrational.

Last edited:
I'm gonna step in wearing my moderator hat for a moment:

It's okay not to enjoy Fedup's joke (we all have different senses of humor), but there's no need to be critical of him for posting it. I found his joke funny, others may not, and that's all there is to it. Remember that CWE is Bernard's party, one that he has generously opened to a wide variety of "guests" with differing tastes and sensibilities. If any CWE member feels offended, alarmed, or threatened by anything that appears in a CWE post, they are encouraged to PM Bernard or the mods, rather than respond directly in a thread.

The reason most of us are here is for the give-and-take of support, empathy and advice. That exchange happens best in an atmosphere of respect and compassion, not one of hostility and suspicion. The "Golden Rule" may be simple, but its basic message is particularly apt for the anonymity of an internet forum: Treat others as you would hope to be treated yourself; don't judge or make assumptions about others that you wouldn't want made about yourself. We are all under understandable stress -- epilepsy sucks and often the treatment does as well -- so first and foremost be as gentle and as mindful as possible in our dealings with one another.

Okay, hat's off. Carry on!

Nakamova

Sorry about that on my part Nakamova you are quite correct it will not happen again, I promise.

I also would like to apologize for being myself...from now on I will try to be less like myself and more like the person people expect me to be...but please bear with me for I am socially challenged...thank you :)

MrE

Thank you for that, just bare with me I do not want you to change because you think I want you to be somebody else, because I do not. I like you just as you are and I do not think you are socially challenged or anything else. You are You and I like it that way, we are all different, we are all individuals all I ask is that you give me a chance and remember you might not understand some of the things I say because of the way I phrase things but I am Irish. I have no problem at all with anything, what is in the past stays in the past.

Why do you like me? Why do you care about me? Or should I say what is it you like about me and why? Just trying to understand is all...

MrE

Ok how do I say this, look you have your opinion on things and take things up a certain way and some are different to me even I realise this and I am different to you and will do the exact same as you. Everybody is different and each and everyone has their own opinion and thoughts about everything and it is not possible to agree on everything, also you shoot from the hip (so to speak) and so do I, we may do it in different ways but we both do it. I have no intention of changing who I am just to please one person and I do not want you to do that either. Its simple really, you either think ya I like him or he is ok, what ever but you have to take people as they are not who you want them to be.

You didn't answer any of my questions...I want to know what you think about me specifically...not what you think in general

MrE

Oh sorry, Well I think anything you say is said from the hearth and there is nothing bad meant by any of it. No more than me you seem to take things personally in way (if you understand me) I believe you stand up for yourself like me and got fed up of the pushing about but you feel that no matter what problems you might have you are just as good as anybody else. Its not easy trying to please everybody and do your own thing. Sorry got to go to the dentist.

Back
Top Bottom