Loving my short term memory!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
I found something great, (yes, this is sarcasm LOL) when I looked into one of my purses tonight, I found an unopened pack of 6 chocolate covered doughnuts! Unfortunately the "eat by" date was a week ago.

I'm very relieved that my youngest niece didn't find it since she loves to go though the purses and carry them around telling me she's "Going shopping!"

It would have been a fight from heck trying to get the doughnuts away from her!

That reminds me of a hot summer many years ago when my wife and I began smelling an awful smell that got worse day by day. At first we thought that an animal had died somewhere, but then we realized it was coming from the trunk of my neighbor's car. He was getting old and forgetful so we went and asked him for the keys so we could check. It turned out there was a case of soda (no problem), a dozen doughnuts (dried out, but no problem) and (drum roll please) . . . a couple of pounds of raw oysters! (HUGE problem!) The "eat by" date had definitely come and gone on those babies!

I've never done anything as silly like this was, now I've found half drunk cans of soda, or bottles of water or juice all over the house in the strangest places on a regular basis, (i'm glad that it wasn't oysters! LOL) but this takes the cake!

Last edited:
I'm pretty good at finding money that I've stuffed away places. It's normally only change or a few dollars but I once found 20 bucks! That was a good day!

Our kitchen started stinking once and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. It wasn't the fridge so we started doing a cupboard check. Clear in the back of one was about 3 pounds of potatoes. If you wanted to even call them that any more! I don't know how long they'd been in there because I know potatoes can last a good while.

I can't remember if it was me or my husband who reached back in there and pulled the mushy bag out. I hope I made my husband do it!

Bet those oysters would have gone well with the potatoes! The donuts would have been a fabulous dessert!

I regularly wake up to texts and online posts that I have no memory of making. This short term memory problem is very frustrating - I had my short term memory tested when I was 7 or 8, and the tester told me that I was the best she'd ever tested. Now it's awful.

I'll be going in for another video EEG in the next couple of months, and will be having more tests done on my memory since my Father's worried that it's getting worse. And it probably is. My dr thinks it's getting worse because the seizure's are frying up what's left of my short term memory every time I have one.

Oh gosh, I'm a hider during my complex partial seizures. I find ALL sorts of things I've squirrelled away when I'm my seizure-self! I've found jewelry in the chest of drawers in the spare bedroom, a nice chapstick collection under the couch, $400 in a storage chest, and all of the media remotes in the freezer. I never did find all of the forks I had to have stashed someplace.

Heh! "Seizure-self". That's a good one BrandiBrat. I don't hide stuff but I have had some episodes of sleep walking during post-ictal seizure-self mode.
It wasn't me! It was seizure-self!

Haha, totally! That person is CRAZY! She does all sorts of nutty things....me, on the other hand, I'm quite normal. :)

Back
Top Bottom