Making some changes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I haven't posted lately because I've been focusing on making a very hard decision. Four weeks ago I had 2 seizures in one day. In all I've had 4 seizures this year. Anyway, since the last 2, my mom and my boyfriend had been trying to make me understand that since my seizures and other medical issues are not under control, that it would be better for me to move back in with my parents so that I wouldn't be home alone so much (in case something happens).
Well, I decided to move back in with my parents. I'm not thrilled about it, but I guess I'm lucky to have people who really love and care enough about me to take steps to make sure I will be safe.
So, now I am almost finished painting my room. I still have a few more things to move and I'll be all done!! David (my boyfriend), is coming over to spend the weekend with me :yippee:

As soon as things settle down and I get back into a groove I'll be back on the forum regularly ;-):brock: Bless you all.

Welcome to you.
What color are you painting? The artist in me loves color. What a fun and easy way to raise your spirits, make you feel at home, surround yourself with a hug.
Sorry to hear that you are have a bit of difficulty. I am sure that is not an easy decision to make. Yet you are very lucky that they are willing to help you out.
Have you had any test done to help you understand why this is happening?

Hi BO

Sorry to hear about the seizures, hope you will be able to get them under control.

I can understand why your parents and boyfriend worry, especially if you are taking bad seizures.

I live on my own and my parents live 30 mins from me but I am lucky that I have really good neighbours who look out for me. My parents still worry about me but my Mum probably does over worry at times.

Last Month I took a small seizure when I was walking down the street. Instead of going to my destination (which was basicaly a straight line) I ended up crossing the street & going in a side street then crossing the street again. I don't remember crossing the street either time. I then walked around different streets before finaly ending up at the street where I was supposed to be. By the time I got to the street I wanted to be I had come of the turn. I was fine by the time I got to my destination just very tired.

My Mum got really worried when I told her about this seizure, she was mainly worried that I could've been run over especialy as I wasn't completly aware of my surroundings.

Last edited:
Hey BO!

I was wondering where you went! Safety FIRST! Just keep that in mind, safety. When your mom is hovering over you driving you up the wall, just remember, they only have your best interest in mind and they are scared out of their wits.

But from your tone, it sounds like you have a prety good grip on the situation.

Now get finished with the move and get back on-line!:brock:

Bernard:

Pretty much paint these days are water-based!
The ones that people paint the walls & ceilings
with. Once you stir the paint outside, you can't
smell it anymore. Dries very quickly, so there's
no lingering odor or nothing.

Only the oil-based paints, lacquers, varnish, etc;
have smells, and those are seizure provoking.

I AM NOT thrilled with these water-based paints
at all! Even when they're "top of the line" paints.
Their life-span is too short, for Florida, and even
worse, if your own home is on a concrete block
you're at a risk for mold & mildew - so I've had to
had a mold & mildew added to the paint to help
prolong the lifespan of the paint.

Even my own mother is finding this out herself.

We used to have to paint our homes down here
like every 15-20 years; but every 5-7 years?
GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK!

:(

NOTE: Never paint water-based paint over oil based!
Remove oil-based paint first, before applying! Never
attempt to remove lead based paint, have a PRO do it!
Unless you're certified and know how to remove lead based
paint safely via Health & OSHA standards!

Last edited:
Hi Bo,
Welcome.My son who is 19 yrs old and has had epilepsy since age 12 1/2 still lives at home. He goes to the Community College this year and my husband drives him there and I pick him up. As much as he wants to live on his own, he's happy that we're here when he needs us the most (seizure). He still socializes and spends the night with his friends at the other colleges near by. Eventually he will move out and will have to manage his epilepsy on his own. For right now it's a comfort zone for him as well as us.
Marian

Hi Bemused Oddity: I still remember when my szs became uncontrolled and I had to change my lifestyle. I always believed I would get my independence back and I did . It took time and patience ,but I never gave up. Neither should YOU!!!!!!

You will find your way!!!!!!!!!!! Believe the impossible and dream the impossible!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you a sz free life!!!!!!!!!!!

Riva

Back
Top Bottom