The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hey Loopy Lou,

I hope NOT to see you on the board this evening. Not being unfriendly, just hope that the sleeping meds do the trick, but also hope that you only need them for a very short time.

By the way, a nice chat with your brother sounds better than a hot toddy. (Maybe not as tasty:))

By the way way:p, I have, or had, most all of Pratchett's books, but they seem to have sprouted feet and ended up at my sister's house.:)

You are right. There is anectdotal evidence of melatonin making seizures worse. Here's a good resource for looking up supplements and their safety and effectiveness for people with epilepsy:

http://pcs.hmc.washington.edu/Epilepsy/EpiInfo/CAM.html

I tried melatonin anyway. I was desperate. It didn't help. Retried sleeping pills last night (ambien) and still only got 2 hours - one of my worst nights. This sucks big time.

I'm hoping Lou will get some sleep tonight with her new medication.

Thank you Endless, I will bookmark that site. I am sorry to read so many of us have such sleep problems. Mine are mostly just keeping to a regular schedule. And staying awake during the day. Once I get asleep, then the problem is getting back awake. I swear I could sleep day and night if I was left alone to do that. When I was on the mysoline, boy did I sleep then. Any time I wanted. Just close my eyes, and I was asleep. Of course, that might have been the depression too. sigh... if this is my only problem I shouldn't complain. So many of you have so many more issues than I do I feel a little ashamed to be griping.

I need to sleep, I'm tired. But I'm glad I have you guys to talk to. What would I do without you all.

Its been one of those nights. Only just managed to get from Dublin - to over 18" of snow in the valley. Taxi taking us from the airport almost didn't make it. Guess where I'm working from for at least the next 5 days?!

Ooh look at the lack of Lou over the last two nights :p

stilldancing - hope you're feeling better soon. *hugs*

*yawn* i don't even know what time it is, possibly around the 1am mark.

Also, i have insane cravings for munchies.

I'm tired because my sleep is so off , but I think I'm going to try a couple of benedryll tonight. That should work.

Eyah.

I'm up and about now, Col. *yawning* I've been up for 4.5 hours now (2 am Indiana time). Who knows when I'll go to bed?

If my "jet-lag" is on cue, I'll give you a shout about 4am then, should I?!

If you

mean Indiana time, yup.....I'm sure I'll be awake then.......

Was about 5am by the time i drifted off this morning.

Oh well, least i had two good nights :p

I slept from 10pm to 2am. Four hours! that's pretty good for me lately. At 2am I got up and cleaned my kitchen. It sparkles. :)

Well, it's good that you're getting more than you have recently, but it's still not much. Fancy coming to do my kitchen tonight? :noevil:

I got into a (mild) argument with my dad earlier because he says that if he can survive on 4-5 hours sleep a night, i should be able to too. Winding up a sleepless zombie-Lou is not a good idea cos i either get angry or cry lol.

Back
Top Bottom