The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

spent an entire roll of thread so far today, and still have more fabric to cut.

still working on the same bag, applique and embrodery take time.
took 30 minutes to cut a piece of cloth last night.

you have much more patience than i do, court.

i've tried not to log in here at night, to increase the chances that i can go back to sleep. it's not working.

you know, an epileptic pikachu would probably be a bad thing.
I want to point out yes pokemon have been around for that long.

56-496x630.jpg

Sighhhhhhhhh.....

'

Sleeeeepy.... i'm getting sleeeeeeepy.... sleeeeep.... count sheep and sleeeeeeppp...

It's not working.

I was at the gallery yesterday hanging some pieces but having difficulty because simple things I struggle but can do a great painting with out any knowledge of what I what it to look like and what colors when and where. I trust that what needs to know is not my conscious mind. Well there was another artist there with her mother and me and her mom were in one room and talking and I was telling her I need to just let the owner hang my art,before I break something or just get upset. I told her I can do this, and he interjects that because your gemini, and smile so sweet. She tells me she met some astrologist in the 70's in Arizona. Then started to talk about a party but did not mention the hallucinagens and yet we both smiled. She then said my eyes were all sunken and she went into the astrologers office and has a stack of papers on his desk, and tells her it is time for her to learn. She knew me better than most people and said she could tell by looking at my art. My mind doesnt rest, sleep isnt something we get a lot of, and never a loss for words. When I left she was so nice, hugs a kiss on the cheek. Then she sais i trully believe you are doing exactly what your supposed be in life. also at goodwill where is stopped on the way walkked by the books, and freelance writng 99 cents, map of london, 99 cents andproperties in london, 99 cents. the gallery owner is talking with me about wanting to come to london and find a place and put the money up for a gallery.. =,, I havnt sold any at her place, but she lets me slide on payments so I am guessing i am bringing in people and a buzz around the area. I also believe that the right person can be important, mostly I need a collector to by the palm art I have priced at 3000, It needs to go where it will draw interest and commisions. Sitting in someone's house just isnt the same. I broke a brake rotor and used the what left as a frame...

Oh and I need to share with you this crazy character dj hairdryer sometime soon

I am getting to know some other artist more personally and have told them about matchuartlabs a collaBORATION of artist and writers raising awareness for epilepsy. The show is tomorrow can't wait as I will tale to some artist about helping me with a series I am going to pitch to the little brittian comedy team called the gallery. I am at awe of how much is happening at the rate of progression is amazing. The other artist kind of look at me weird when i tell them oh this took about 30 minutes...I want to submit something to the epilepsy advocate as I saw a story of another artist with epilepsy... I have been also realized i am doing what i wrote down in first grade, writer/artist... I did not mentions making lots of money. I am confident I will be successful, I just have to let people know they really want my art.

I am also working on a new poem/song that is a slap in the face to many many different entities. Feathers will be ruffled, Who knows what could happen to someone who shows you why things are wrong with a beautiful melody, and there are parts that may really upset people, but it making a point on what man has done or not done for his needs that tarnishes something. You may want to put some distance between us lol. The ironic thing is it is so simple so if those groups that loose it and get mad dont figure out why there mad and actually listen instead of waiting to speak.

here is a smidgit I love.... you called them paranoid racist and other names
yet you still point in blame
that is all for now, I have to create a need for more... oh an artist never rest
and i people dont understand why art is priced the way it is... what is your time worth at work, but you might not have to pay for all your material, lights a s studio, gas upkeep from driving on the crappy streets right through the big stadium the residents had to pay....

if i were to sell the bag I am working on right not, it wouldnt be cost effective. i might make fabric and thread back and thats about it. never time involved. That was a choice I made.

I hate to think how much that would be if i charged just to get materials back if you included x-acto knives, glue, all little things. pens rulers i have lost in the past few months. The work I know need on my industrial machine. yeah people look at you at funny when you quote crazy prices for small run objects, I had to explain that to a friend of mine a few weeks ago.

This actually happened a while back, but I always thought it was funny in after thought

I wonder how firm this says my bed is? I have always had insomnia.

I have learned to work with it over the years. You learn to sleep when your body allows you. And you learn to fight through that plastic wrapped feeling you develop after being awake for a few days. You can get a lot more work done. Recently I was reading the side effects of the medicine I started taking last week, Zonegran. It causes insomnia and drowsiness in most people. What a winning combination.

Sunday, I woke up mid-day and stretched, I decided to lie there for a bit. I felt good. That usually doesn’t happen when I first wake up. So I thought about my situation for a little as I relaxed. Then something struck me as odd. I suddenly realized I wasn’t at home. I was lying on the side of the road in heap with my bicycle in between my legs. Unfortunately I didn’t know how long I had been there. That meant I had another seizure, and I had crashed. Or my memory was just screwed up again. But I did get a good nap atleast, there is always a bright side to life.

Oh Court,

at least you can see the humor in things. Which is important to do, or we'd all be down in the dumps!!!

I feel so un-productive now. Usually when I'm up late, I go out and take photos but because I don't have a license and having to lug around a tripod doesn't sound too much fun, I haven't really been able to get out.

I am enjoying the finer things though, Nat King Cole on the record player and glass of Tawny Port goes a long way

my camera maes me happy, i carry it every time i leave the house, but yeah, the tripod is heavy.

I wish

I weren't afraid of cameras........I have this unbelievable tendency to break them..... You know, like smoke comes rolling out of them, or the motor stops working in the automatic lens.........*walking away, shaking head*

I'm afraid of cameras.

Well I feel unproductive. When I can't sleep I either watch some tv, read or lie and stare at the ceiling! Occasionally I go on CWE on my phone :p

I wish there were "thanks" buttons in here. You'd be getting a THANKS, court!

I weren't afraid of cameras........I have this unbelievable tendency to break them..... You know, like smoke comes rolling out of them, or the motor stops working in the automatic lens.........*walking away, shaking head*

I'm afraid of cameras.
Haha. You must be using *shutters* sony cameras!

Corsch, there are some really decent lightweight tripods out there. I have the one at the link below, it's like carrying an umbrella, less than 7 pounds.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830997658
It's really not the tripod, but my gear. It's already a heavy 10-12 lbs and all of the places that I like to shoot are a good 10+ miles from my house and I don't want to walk / ride on the backroads where I could be hit like a deer. I do appreciate the help though, I'm looking for a new tripod since the head mount threads have worn out and it'd be too expensive to replace.

I leave my heads in my camera, it has been there since I got the tripod. Few people ask about it, but those who have stripped their tripods in the camera bodys seem to understand.

Back
Top Bottom