music

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
has anyone found listening to music can abort seizure may sound strange but beatles and roy orbison I think brain thinking patten goes into the zone. days when I was free and happy for the time music on I relaxed plus it spose act on alpha waves no idea if that anything to do with it

I listen to hours of music a day, but I have never found it to help with my seizures. Some argue that music changes the elecrtical activity in the brain, but personally I would think this is caused by indirect factors. When one is listening to music, they aren't paying attention to the world around them so of course the brain patterns will change. Your emotions will change and you can focus more on your internal thoughts rather than external stimuli. I don't think this affects seizures. And in my case, I have no aura with my seizures to interject with music to try and abort the seizure anyway, it just happens.

I think that is right when listening to those particular people I whisked away to happy times..i may well have small seizures but no one around to tell me..When people transfixed on something often happens...I saw young boy had very bad seizours he took up weight lifting,he said it put him in the zone he had to concentrate.i stick with music..
saw interview man used take lsd he had a trip involving colours any how he stopped lsd and years later he went to a concert and listening to the music he had trip again just like lsd said it was fantastc..I not quite that lucky

I did not know that...I thought it my own theary..Someone got there before me blast:)

Back
Top Bottom