Ofcourse he didn't call me...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mommymela

New
Reaction score
So I went on a date this weekend, and we both agreed we wanted to see each other again. He said he had no problems with me having kids, and that his aunt has epilepsy so understood. We even texted back and forth the next day and he mentioned definitely going on another date soon. Then the last 2 days....nothing. Why would he take me out on an expensive dinner and spend hours talking to me and seemingly enjoying my company only to ignore me? I sent one message yesterday wishing him a good day and that's it, it's not like I was bugging him. FML why do I only find the losers? I give up on men for right now, I can't trust them as far as I could throw one. His loss, I'm an amazing girlfriend. Ugh. :soap:

His loss is right! Guys are strange animals..I have been married for 30 years, have 2 sons and still haven't figured them out. I just figure that as females we are above them anyway, so why try? Hang in there. There really are good ones out there :)

It seems like every time I meet a guy they only want to have sex, then when they find out I don't have sex unless I'm in a relationship it's like they disappear. Even when I date guys a few years older than me (like in this case). I'm sorry I'm not a complete slut I just want a boyfriend and eventually a husband!!!! My goodies are not free! lol

I hear you!! It can be very frustrating. I didnt find my good guy until I quit looking. You know, the whole "I dont need/want a man" attitude. As soon as I was ok with being on my own and got comfortable...BAM! thats when my Mr. Perfect walked into my life. :)

Your perfect partner is out there

:agree: I can understand where your coming from.Some guys are so unemotional and false... But there are the few that do matter..I met my late wife in a off the wall way, first day of class at college I was the last to leave the class room and noticed a crowd of people standing around something so i went to check it out. To my suprise it was Kathy on the ground having a full grand-mal seizure and nobody was helping her when i noticed her head was within an inch hitting a sprinkler head,without any other concern I knelt down onto the sprinkler head therefore blocking her head from any harm...she soon got back to reality and I walker her home.Years later she would remind me of that day and tell me that thats the day I had her convinced that i was the right guy for her.So all im saying is dont give up.:woot::woot:

friends

keep contact with friends, family, those that MATTER. If and when Mr. Right comes along, take it slow. Don't set yourself up for disappointment right away. He's just a guy who means nothing to you at the present moment. If he wants a second date he will let you know - then be weary of red flags. We all know them!

Signed,
Seasoned veteran :bigsmile:

then be weary of red flags. We all know them!

Signed,
Seasoned veteran :bigsmile:

I was color blind for a while LOL I'm sure there were plenty that were waving HUGE red flags, and I was 'ooohh pretty' :paperbag:

I had a guy tell me he was okay with me being epileptic, but everytime I ever tried to talk to him about it he'd kinda get all quite. Then he broke up with me 2 hours after I had a seizure, when I hadn't had one in about 3 months. He was there when I had the seizure and kinda just... stood there. He swore he didn't break-up with me because I was epileptic, but I don't know.

--
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess

men

can't live with them, can't live without them. Well, actually we could but what fun would that be! I tell my daughter who is grown now and single to be all you can be with or without a man. Be the kind of person you want to be with - and that is who you will attract.

Back
Top Bottom