parents exposing their kids to awful music

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Im so tired of having to deal with our neighbors, but today, while we were getting ready to leave to run some errons, the stupid father (our neighbor) got his raciest music out and was turning it up so loud, you could hear it blocks away. The music had sexual content in it, along with the raciest words, and alot of cuss words. I was told not to have no communication with these people, but at that moment, for my smallest child, 5 yrs old, to hear those words in the song, and to see this guy purposly play the stupid music, and turn it up that loud, just got on last nerve. I confronted this man and we had it out.

I know I shouldnt have even confronted him, but it was the thought of him playing this kind of music, not only in front of my kids, but their kids and other neighbor kids. For a parent to expose their kids to this kind of stuff, just sickens me.

The mother comes out and starts to harrasse me. Tells me im an f'ing snitch, and to go back home. I was on our property, I wasnt on theirs. Then they come back at us saying it was our fault that child protective services contacted them, that they got three citations for having a junk vehicle on their rental property for almost two years. It was our fault that all of this crap came about. The F word was flying out of his guys mouth.

The wife had the guts to call the cops. I told her go right on ahead, we had nothing to hide. We had our security cameras going, and we caught it all on tape. For her to say I was harrassing them, when she was harrassing us, was right there on tape. Heck I was ready to have those cops pull up and show the the tape.

The cops show up, and we can hear some of what was said by listening to the tapes. I guess the neighbors thought it was illegal for us to have a security system in place. The husband thought it was not right and was pissed. The officer told the couple that if the songs he is playing offends a person, then it will probably affend others too. If he wanted to play such music, then to play it in a closed area, or use headphones.

Gosh, these people seriously have issues. To top it off, their 12 year old son with a friend was lifting up a "man hole" lid near a sidewalk where people walk. They were taking off the lid, and going to leave it open! Knowing how dangerous that would be for anyone to be walking, especially in the dark, and god forbid, if anyone fell in there, they could get seriously injured or killed. I had to report that one. I hate people who let their kids run. I pray to god that something good comes about with all of this stuff.

I totally believe in Karma. I know that what these people are doing, karma will work its way to them. I already know they have 3 citations for the junk car that they had a friend move last week, which totals $345. Those have been there for 6 weeks now and still not paid. I dont know what happens or how long they have if those are not paid.

On a good note, we did get the hospital to cover 100% of the ER copay we had when their son assulted our son back in June. We got that letter yesterday in the mail. Heck we were not going to pay $100 out of our pocket for something their kid did. If they didnt cover it, we were told by the police to sue them for the medical costs that were not covered. Thats exacly what we would have done too. Im glad we dont have to mess with these people for that.

Sorry to always complain about these people... Im just so darn frustrated that these people are blaming me for everything that has gone down with them.

Like it was my fault that their inside and outside of their home was in horriable shape, and child protective services looked into it. And that the car they had parked on their side of the home, was not running, and I hated to have to look out my window everyday to see weeds half way up the side of the car, and looking out to a junk vehicle. I just want these people to move!

Last edited:
I completely understand. I had neighbours from hell for over six years. I moved in the end and had to have two animals put to sleep because where I moved to does not permit animals. I worked nights and could never get any sleep. Even if I was on an early shift they would be up all night playing loud music.

My thoughts are with you!
:)

So sorry you have such awful neighbors. I imagine the stress and loud music are not so good for seizures either.

Have you tried the "coals of fire" approach? (Proverbs 25:21-22).

I had an awful neighbor a number of years ago. He would aways park his car in such a way that it would block access to our garage -- our two houses were opposite each other at the end of this alley -- so he would use the alley as his personal parking spot, espcially when he was having friends over for a party (loud music included of course), which meant I couldn't get in and out of my garage.

And...of course the yard was a big mess, never mowed the grass, and he had this stuffed dog (a real dog) that sat in front of his house -- I guess it was an old pet...so anyway, you can get the picture, but what was most annoying to me was that I wasn't able to use my garage. I could park on the curb on the main street in front of my house, but then would have to clean the snow and ice off and also there was "alternate street parking" in the winter (for snow plows) so you always had to keep track of which day you were allowed to park in front of your house.

When I tried hollering at him, he said he'd parked there for years, which he probably had, since the lady who lived in the house before us (for decades) didn't drive. I called the cops a couple times, but of course, it wasn't considered an emergency, so by time they showed up, the cars were gone (I think he had a friend on the PD that was tipping him off).

Well, one time I went over there to yell at him, and he said the car wasn't his, that he was trying to respect my right to use my garage, but someone else had parked there. So...I apologized to him for yelling, and we shook hands, and after that we got along ok, and he never parked his car there.

Cool. My neighbour's son, one of three late teens, glued my front door key latch when I was at work so I couldn't get in. He use to throw eggs at me - he would throw stones at my car from his first floor flat so I didn't park my car near my flat but around the block. They had air guns and would shoot at my pets. They shot holes in the guttering so when it rained it poured through the holes down onto my windows. I could go on. Just pleased I moved!

:)

WOW Nick, that's horrible. :( And Karen, that's unreal. I can't believe the police wouldn't take it seriously. It's a good reminder for me that someone always has it worse.

As for loud music, I consider country and rap music pretty awful. It's quite subjective. I have a favorite Sublime CD that has some foul language and adult content, and my son once asked me about it and I was pretty embarrassed. I still listen to it with my kids in the car, I just know when to turn the bad parts down, or cough really loudly. :p

Hope ya get it sorted soon, Kristen.

Since this has taken place, it was then they called the cops on us. All I did was ask them to please not play that music with children around, (there were well over 12 kids around their home and ours, and as young as 5 yrs of age). It was then that the mother came out, saying she was going to call the cops for harrassment. Which she did. But it backfired on them. The cops showed up, and instead of just saying we were harrassing them, which we were not, they complained about our security cameras. The officer said we have every right to put those up, and as long as we have a sign posted, which we do, and he saw, then we are not doing anything wrong, and there is nothing that he can do about it. It totally made them mad. As for the music, he asked the husband if it had any foul language? He put his head down and didnt want to admit to it, but finally said yes. The officer replied with, "well if one person thinks its offensive, then other will more than likely take it offensive too. So if you want to play that kind of music, do it indoors or use headphones outside". LOL. I got a kick out of that one. That was the whole reason why we even spoke to them in the first place. This music is so bad, that the F word, A word is in it, along with raciest words. Something I dont want my children hearing. That took place last weekend, and so far I havnt heard any loud music since. But I have seen the mother try to hide the fact that she is driving. It was so funny one day.... I was looking outside to see if could see if the mail man had shown up and as I was looking outside, she pulls up in the car, and looks over at our cameras we have. She then backs up the car to the point where its hanging over the sidewalk, preventing people from being able to walk on the sidewalk without having to go around their car. She then gets out, and instead of walking in front of the car, she goes behind it, and looks back to check out the cameras. She did this for a couple of days, til I heard her tell her friend that she has been trying to avoid being filed on the cameras. LOL The funny thing is that our cameras have a 1 block radius. So doesnt matter if she parks in front of the house, or anywhere in their drive way area, we can still see her pull up, and get out of the car. I guess she is afraid that if we catch her on camera driving, since she has no valid license, that we can turn her into the cops.

But with how the police informed us, was that they have to catch her driving, actually driving and have a reason for pulling her over. They just cant pull her over for no reason. Til they can get a reason and catch her driving, there isnt much they can do. I just worry about what would happen if she causes an accident. driving with no valid license is not the right thing to do.

Too bad you can't build a giant fence...

Well we have a wooden 6 ft privacy fence around our backyard. But the kids love to ride their bikes in the front, and half of the time, I like sitting outside on the bench to watch them. Its just our drive way and their drive way are side by side, and with our homes being so close together, pretty much nothing will help when it comes to keeping all of their loud fights, or loud music away. Im just praying they move soon!

Reading this thread I was thinking thank God everyone on my street is old....oh wait, I hope no one dies and terrible neighbors move in! :eek:

Reading this thread I was thinking thank God everyone on my street is old....oh wait, I hope no one dies and terrible neighbors move in! :eek:

The weird thing is that we have a older gentleman who is close to 80 that lives a couple of houses down from us. He owns his house, along with three other homes on the street. Its nice that he has those homes and keeps them well maintained, along with only allowing certain people to move in. We havnt had any issues with anyone living in those homes. The other homes, all have mid aged couples, one with grown up kids who are out on their own. The only one that causes the troubles are the ones that live to our left. Lucky for us, its rental home, which is owned by a couple who could care less who moves in. As long as they get their rent each month, thats all that matters.

Invite the cops over for coffee and steak dinner, then have them sit there till they see her driving and then they can do something about it!

With the music - Get some classical or opera music and blast it right back at them, they would probably really love that!

Invite the cops over for coffee and steak dinner, then have them sit there till they see her driving and then they can do something about it!

With the music - Get some classical or opera music and blast it right back at them, they would probably really love that!

Gosh i wish that could happen! The first time I saw her in the car and take off, i called the non-emergency number. told them about her saying she had no license, but she was off driving. had to give them the lic plate number of the car, and tell them which way she was headed. Then they said they would try to track her down. But based off of seeing them pull up, and their attitude, Im assuming they didnt catch her. They went to McDonald's with their kids to get something, and came home quickly. Since then, weve been told that if they do see her, they would have to have a reason for pulling her over. which i think is bull crap. I just hate to see her driving without a valid license and get someone injured. As for the music, I would love to do that! LOL :roflmao: We put up a security light last month and it totally made them mad! apparently they dont like light at night. LOL.

You could make a reality show based on your life with your neighbors! :pop:

Yeah I wouldnt bother wanting anyone to see how my neighbors live! Its sad and pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom