Pharaoh learns about seizures...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Eli

Stalwart
Reaction score
Unfortunately I had an active seizure week, but am feeling better now, yeah!

Abigail (my mom) has been very busy writing/updating her stories about my seizure dog, "Pharaoh." We call him that because the fur around his eyes makes him look like he has those pretty Cleopatra-painted looking eyes.

So here's the link:

http://www.elisejournal.com/

His "tales" are under the "Service dog - Pharaoh" link.

She bases her tales on 99% real things/events we've been through since realizing I have epilepsy. Since I live alone most of the time, getting a dog seemed like a good companion for me. She does a great job of expressing his personality. I've never birthed grandchildren for her so you know that he is one very spoiled grand puppy!!!

Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
What a cutie! He looks like he has a lot of personality! How does he let you know when you are about to have a seizure?

What a cutie! He looks like he has a lot of personality! How does he let you know when you are about to have a seizure?

/yawn, morning :)

Thankies!

When I've been standing or walking around and I'm pre-sz he will pace in front of me sort of blocking me, if I won't listen then he'll nuzzle my leg and whine and push me towards a piece of furniture.

When I've had an aura or partial and have either sat on furniture or slid/fallen to the floor he sits beside me and if I try to get up he puts his paw on me as if to say, "stay."

If I'm in bed or he's sitting beside me he starts sniffing my eye sockets and sure as heck I usu end up having a sz later.

He doesn't care for the bathrooms cause of the dreaded showers. But when I've had a sz and I go to the bathroom to vomit or just to sit on the toilet he follows me in and sits beside me.

I've had nocturnal seizures and I've come back to reality: with him breathing/sniffing my face, licking my face and at least once he ran into my husbands office and barked and tugged on him until he followed him into the bedroom to see that I was seizing.

He's quite a communicator!

Last edited:
That is fantastic! He sounds super smart! Our dog seems to know something is up after a seizure. She will lay next to me and follows me around. Dogs are the best. I love cats too :)

That is fantastic! He sounds super smart! Our dog seems to know something is up after a seizure. She will lay next to me and follows me around. Dogs are the best. I love cats too :)

How blessed we are to have perceptive animals! I know it makes me feel safer when he's with me.

I'll bet it's comforting for you as well that she stays close to you.

His ears are burning from the flattery! Is that your kitty? - your avatar?

lol...

No ..I love cats tho :( I can't have them because I live with my mother who is allergic.

Third Time's a Charm?

So I've tried to reply three times and keep hitting keys that keep closing my windows, so - here we go again!

:clap: That was such a sweet story! Thank you for sharing. I found myself close to tears (of happiness, of course) and smiling throughout the whole thing :) I also shared the link with one of my friends who owns a part hound mix that she adopted from a shelter. She doesn't have epilepsy, but her dog sounds a lot like Pharaoh!

My dachshund Elvis, doesn't know before hand that I'm going to have a seizure, but after a seizure he will not leave my side.

lol...

No ..I love cats tho :( I can't have them because I live with my mother who is allergic.

/pout to no pet and allergies
You picked a cute pic tho!

So I've tried to reply three times and keep hitting keys that keep closing my windows, so - here we go again!

:clap: That was such a sweet story! Thank you for sharing. I found myself close to tears (of happiness, of course) and smiling throughout the whole thing :) I also shared the link with one of my friends who owns a part hound mix that she adopted from a shelter. She doesn't have epilepsy, but her dog sounds a lot like Pharaoh!

Thankies, he makes the epilepsy easier to live with.

My dachshund Elvis, doesn't know before hand that I'm going to have a seizure, but after a seizure he will not leave my side.

Isn't it reassuring to have them curl up with us, especially when we feel at our worst? Glad you have a love puppie too!

Back
Top Bottom