• Nurse (neurology?)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Teacher

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (post your suggestions)

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thx, :)

Now that I hopefully will have my CPS controlled, my age is going to be a obstacle.
But this is one thing I can't do nothing about. :(

Well not unless this can happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psxktpxkc6o

I'm trying to get as much information I can about these careers. As I find out more about
there qualifications, requirements, training, I will start to narrow them down. Along the way I'm also noting any possible career slides. Which would help get my foot into other possible careers, not suitable sooner.

Well I need to eliminate a few careers from my list.

Corrections Officer (CO)
State Trooper / County Sheriff

I don't feel that I would like those careers.

Environmental Conservation Officer (ECO)
Fire Fighter
EMT / Paramedic

Unfortunately I'm to old to begin those now. :( There are some
age work arounds but they don't apply to me.

Teacher

I don't believe I could deal with the "crud" that are children today.

Well that basically cuts my list in half.

Neurology Nurse
Medical Testing Tech
Security Guard
USCG Civilian Worker
U.S.P.S.
Pharmacy Tech
Computer Tech
Clerical / Library
Electrician / HVAC Technician

Going for Ethnography, Archaeology and Anthropology in Mesoamerica. Guys, I know this is all a stretch but I had to go back to school and guess what- I chose my passions. Do that! You only live once, so make it count!!!!!!!!
When I went to a job angency and told them this they looked at me with this blank stare... as if I was on crazy meds and needed a reality check. Well guess what agency!!!!!! I have my BA in Liberal Arts and will be doing a dig in Belize this summer. Moral of this story: don't let job agencies and the like tell you what epileptics can and can't do.

Teacher

I don't believe I could deal with the "crud" that are children today.
You write very well (despite the comment about dysgraphia in your sig). I think you would make a great teacher. Of course I may be a bit biased since that was my career for many years (during which my seizures were partially controlled). I am not really that fond of little kiddies either especially ones whose parents had no business having kids in the first place. I taught English as a second language at the college level. There might be a place for you teaching some of your tech skills.

I want to start my own business. I am very good at bookkeeping. For people who need to talk and bring there children. Alex is a tough kid. And I know people need there freedom. I know I do. I have thoughts on how I can do it.I know laws about taking care of children. I used to have a daycare. Well, I have a lot happening, so not right now. Maybe with Pave. I used to counsel there, Or maybe I'll put on a bikini lol and start a coffee shop.lol I would disgusting in a bikini ,butmy coffee would be tremendous!

You write very well (despite the comment about dysgraphia in your sig). I think you would make a great teacher. .....There might be a place for you teaching some of your tech skills.

Well, I know I don't have the patience to be a teacher. Although there was a time I was considering going back to school to become a teacher. But society has gotten even more crazier. As for teaching tech skills, that's like a one/two step. IE: For every one tech skill I could teach somebody, I probably forgotten how to do two others. :(

I want to start my own business. I am very good at bookkeeping.

I'm right with you there. It would be great to start my own business. The problem is what kind of business? As for book keeping, that's also in my bag of tricks. :)

Back
Top Bottom