Possible Virgito

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Stinkpot

New
Reaction score
I recently made a post about my nausea and vomiting and dizziness thinking it related to my epilepsy meds and folic acid tablets.

Well, I stopped taking the folic acid pills and I haven't had the "severe nausea and vomiting attacks." Unfortuantly I'm still having the "moderate" and "light" attacks everyday. 1 moderate 1 in the morning, maybe 1 or 2 light short periods of them during the day, and a moderate one in the evening.

My epilepsy meds must intensify the ones in the morning and evening cause those are the times when I take my meds.

I don't think it's my epilepsy meds that causes the attacks. I think the folic acid may be the reason why I had the "severe attacks" cause I haven't had any ever since I got off of it.

After reading about Vertigo, I that might be the problem. I've set up an appointment for the doctor next week to see what's wrong.

While the time waiting, any over-the-counter meds I can take to stop the feeling? Anti nauseal meds like pepto bismol and emetrol doesn't work - any type of motion-sickness meds I could take?

Regards,

Stinkpot

Hi, Stinkpot,

I get dizzy. Nothing really seems to help it. I went through some physical therapy for it, which did seem to help somewhat.

Does it feel like you just stepped into an elevator? I get that sometimes, and it's very uncomfortable. I've been wondering if that's just normal or if it has to do with some kind of neurological issue...:hj:

I get a couple of kinds. One is feeling like I'm floating around. The other is the room spinning. They are both very different from each other.

The physical therapist does a couple of things. The first time she had me do these moves that were meant to break something up in my inner ear. That didn't help me much, but it was worth a try. After that she had me practice focusing on objects while I balance on a less than stable surface. This was to retrain my brain. It exhausted me, but helped a great deal.

I'm worried about you being dizzy and doing everyday things. Are you driving? Are you safe?

Please take care.

If it

is true vertigo, there are some exercises that can be done to help relieve the problem. If the exercises don't relieve it, then there are other options--but you'll have to talk to your doctor about it. My mom went through this about a year ago--scared the wits out of her when it happened to her in yoga class.

I get awful headspins and sometimes they hit while i'm dozing off to sleep laying in bed! I actually find myself grabbing the bed because I feel like i'm rolling down a hill and the whole room looks like it's spinning. Sometimes sitting up very slowly and focusing on a still object can help, other times I just have to wait it out and stay still.

I was examed at the doctor and they said it was vertigo, but it was being caused by lack of nutrition and appetite. I've been eating more foods.
My parents are finally able to understand my picky appetite now and let me pick out a few expensive items and not all the cheap Great Value brand crap. And even though I can only eat my tortilla chips with a con queso dip that almost costs $4, which seems ridiculous for a junk food, - it's worth it for me.8)

When I can get my own income, my diet will be alot better cause than I can pick out what I want to eat(and yes I healthy foods, just my favorite kinds are expensive).

I've haven't been eating very well for about 2 days cause I think I got me a case of e. coli. I haven't been really hungry. :flushed:

I've haven't been eating very well for about 2 days cause I think I got me a case of e. coli. I haven't been really hungry. :flushed:

Be careful self-diagnosing yourself and don't jump to conclusions without having things confirmed by a professional.

i have pretty severe vertigo. ive had physio therapy and anxiety management classes. they both gave me hope but never a cure.

i feel for anyone who suffers from vertigo. it can be really petrifying.

Back
Top Bottom