scared of EEGS :(

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have a 24hr eeg tomorrow................:( and im so nervous! dunno why even. maybe its just because I want them to find something (finally) or because I have this funny thought in the back of my mind that they can see what im thinking..........(uh I no that's rubbish but still..............) and besides its dead annoying to sleep with.....and I NEED MY SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone has anything to say to calm me down PLEASE id love to hear thanks!

Awww I hate them too...much love and understanding sent your way :hugs:

Last edited:
Take along a hobby to take with you, like knitting or sketching, load up on smart-phone games (and take your charger), take a friend with you who can spend at least part of the time with you and play card-games. Take some favorite snacks. What did the clinic indicate you could bring for entertainment?
Do you have to stay awake tonight, before the EEG? If so, bake some cookies or snack bars to take with you to pass the time - that's what I did :)

I wouldn't recommend anything that is going to stimulate you though...you want to be in a relaxed state not in an anxious one...I suggest some breathing exercises, meditation, and prayer...believe in yourself... I CAN DO IT :)

Back
Top Bottom