So I dropped my phone in the toilet.... :flushed:

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

PFunk

Veteran
Reaction score
The title pretty much sums it up. I was settling on the throne for a little prework bussiness. Like most, I occupy my time flipping through some nonsensical social media inspired artical. Well as I took my phone out, it twisted in my hand, slipped through my fingers and plumeted to the aqueous hell below. Panicked, I looked down and saw it's softly lit screen slowly sliding down the porcelain bottom. First though, "F_ck my phones soaked in water". Second thought "F_ck it's toilet water." At the same time I plunged my hand down and rescue it from its watery grave. "Sh_t I don't want it to short out", so I turned it off as fast as possible. I then turn to my next crisis. My hand is covered in toilet water as are my boxers and a few other places. Luckily, I hadn't dropped my payload so the water was still clean... relatively speaking. I then whashed and washed and washed everything. I found some cleaning spray and started squirting it all over my hands, arms and wiped down the phone. The boxers were a gonner. No way was I going to sport toilet soak underwear for the rest of the day. The phone then got another good wiped own. I took it apart and everything was fine.... and thus my crisis was over. Minus knowing that I'm typing this on a phone that once sat in a toilet... and that I'll be putting it to my ear later.

Does anyone else have any "fun" phone stories?

put your phone in rice to dry it out . I dropped my phone in the toilet once and I put my phone in a bag of rice for like 4 days to let it dry out, and it worked fine after i did that.

Belinda 5000

I have always used iPhones and I've had more than one go into the toilet.

The best story I have, is that I have a rubber case for my phone, for shock absorption when I drop it. When I charge my phone, it won't sit in the dock with the case on, so I take it off to charge.

I was charging my phone and decided I was going to go in for a bath, so I put my phone on the side of the sink, just in case my boyfriend called me.

The next thing I know is my cat comes running into the bathroom and hops up on the sink, and as he's pulling his fat behind up onto the sink, he uses my phone for "grip-tion" and essentially throws my phone into the toilet!

I jump out of the tub, and turn off the phone right away. I have an iPhone, so I dont have the luxury of being able to take it apart, unless I have a hammer LOL. The phone kept on turning itself back on, so with it sitting in rice, the phone is on and I'm panicking because it's my only form of communication if I have a problem.

Well, the boyfriend comes home and we're arguing (not really arguing but he's lexuring me about eating, when I wasn't hungry), so we're bantering back and forthe.... I remember saying that I was "sorry I wasn't hungry, and that our eating times don't match up" and from out of the bowl of rice comes "You don't have to be sorry....."

The phone was shorting out and Siri was activated and listening and chiming in on our conversation.

Either way... I got a new phone - and the toilet phone is in the sock drawer as a back-up in case I break my phone.

On the plus side, I've heard that Samsung has just come out with a water resistant phone??? I think I'm going to get that the next time I get a new cell phone.

well if you having pee and a bloke then mind boggles intrested know how did that AHH no scratch it to much information...flushing phone down loo what good idea gonna try that sick of people (family sister greedy avious cow)I digress phone down loo ahhhhhhhh peace

I dropped my VNS magnet in the toilet once right after I did #1 and #2. Luckily I didn't flush, not sure if it would have gone down or not though. My husband actually put his hand in there and pulled it out! Washed everything off really good after he did! :roflmao:

...... from out of the bowl of rice comes "You don't have to be sorry....."

The phone was shorting out and Siri was activated and listening and chiming in on our conversation.
That is too funny.
So Siri didn't hold a grudge for being dropped in the loo?

Back
Top Bottom