Still miss it

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mapex

New
Reaction score
Drink....booze....bevy....man o man even after 26 year sober I still miss getting drunk.
I was a heavy drinker but the reason I gave up was seizures I had them anytime anywhere any place and I had some in a few weird places when I drank but now its sleep seizures I have and been OK for 2 years.
I was a bit of an alcoholic I suppose and took E n coke sect but they all caused seizures during the day....now I smoke weed everyday .....I'm 50
My I still miss drink moan is because its a retirement night and I'm missing as per usual and don't say " oh u don't need to drink to enjoy " heard that so many times but I've got my method and it works...avoid temptation....

600 mg tegretol per day

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
good on ya man, 26 years that's quite the achievement.
i am quite partial to it myself (pardon the pun), but when i think of not having another glass of wine i just shake my head, not gonna happen. well, not before the surgery anyhow. think i'd literally be in the nuthouse if i couldn't have a few glasses to get me through such a hard time.
i think you're right tho - avoiding temptation is prob the only way around it. congrats.

I walked into an India to pick up a curry I had ordered last summer it was hot and saw 2 guys at the bar sipping cool pints of lager....man o man....the pints looked nice cool and mmmmm....:D
I asked the girl if they had non alcoholic lager, they never have, none...got my curry walked into the nearest off licence bought 4 non alcohol lager and drank 2 in about 4 mouth fulls ....I had never had an urge to drink like that in 15 years, went for a curry and get an urge I can hardly cope with....
I'm showing u how it never leaves....
I envy non epileptic social drinkers...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I have no problem having a few beers or cocktails, but everyone is different.

If you're a recovering alcoholic, then absolutely don't drink. But if you aren't an alcoholic, and are able to drink moderately and responsibly (this is key!), there's a possibility that you could have a beer or two without any problem. You could test this by having a half a glass (no more) of a friend's beer to see how it feels.

I'm almost 10 years sober (April 1) and still have the occasional alcohol-cures-all type of mindset, but when it really sinks in and I'm able to mull it I still see it as a big nono. I used to average a 1.75ml vodka a day. Now thinking of that vodka taste disgusts me.

Congrats to you Peter, that's admirable and wise.

Back
Top Bottom