sz's increasing don't know why?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I had 10 sz's within an hour yesterday. I had 2 more that evening.
The last two where noctunal sz's early this morning.
It seems my husband got the worst of it when I was flailing my arms
I've had a total of 14 sz's in les than 24 hours.
.:e:

Last edited:
Belinda5000

This happened to me a few years ago, I could not understand what was going on neither could the doctors and then for some unknown reason the neurologist decided to cheek the blood platelets as well as the drug level. It turned out that my platelets were down because they were fighting the drug - so the drug level looked normal so to speak (a little above the normal level he said) in the end I had become allergic to the drug after a 2 years.

If I'm under a good bit of stress or not getting enough sleep my seizures will increase. However I don't think I've ever had that many in one day or that time frame. The most I've had could be around 5 in a day, with maybe one or two the next day. I know stress had caused all of these to happen.

As Fedup said, I'd check with your dr. It may have something to do with your meds that could be causing it. I believe this also happened to me with a med I was on but it wasn't as many as you had.

You should seriously setup an appointment immediately for a neurologist (I prefer an epileptologist) to see what's going on. There are many things, factors, and so on that could be the cause but usually your doctor can help you better than we can.

What are your triggers? If there are any then attempt to avoid it if it's stress, flashing on the screen, or anything to try and reduce them. Could be that the medication is no longer working for you; or perhaps it's something more serious. As I said please seek help from a doctor, it's hard to say on here even if there are doctors here it's easier to examine you and look up your medical history than it is on the internet.

When I had the 10 sz's crowds are triggers. so I have to sit up front at the kingdomhall,which I always do.
I'm not getting that much sleep because of my injured shoulder.I'm not under stress.

I've seen my share of epileptologist and found oud they don't listen.
I called my neuro today he's out of town and of course his partner didn't return my call.

I've considered the medication has stopped working been taking it since 1975

My sz's are just happening for no reason.I'm refractory

Last edited:
When I had the 10 sz's crowds are triggers. so I have to sit up front at the kingdomhall,which I always do.
I'm not getting that much sleep because of my injured shoulder.I'm not under stress.

I've seen my share of epileptologist and found oud they don't listen.
I called my neuro today he's out of town and of course his partner didn't return my call.

I've considered the medication has stopped working been taking it since 1975

My sz's are just happening for no reason.I'm refractory

How are things going?

When I have trouble getting a phone call returned from any dr I just keep calling, several times a day. If the office opens at 8 I'll call then. If I don't hear from them by 10 I'll call again. The office may have several different numbers too. One general number, one for my neurologist that goes right to his voice mail and one for his secretary who usually answers the phone. I'll call all the numbers during the day, not just one. I just keep doing this all through out the day. They finally get so sick of me calling that I'll get a return phone call soon.

Hope things are going good.

Back
Top Bottom