Tell me something-- an introductory remark

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Well, this thread has given me another perspective that some people with E do find it tough to not only get a job, but to retain it.
I can get that some feel that sense of frustration in E dominating/ negating their employment opportunities.

Sometimes asking someone what they do (for a living) is just an attempt at polite conversation or just a conversation starter. Does my job define me.........not really and I would have to care about their opinion to allow that.
:agree:^^^I wouldn't read too much into it. Most people will have forgotten whatever your answer was within ten minutes anyhow.

Laboratory Manager for the Study of Entropic Neurological Systems
Intrepid Explorer of Neurological Horizons
Certified Bioelectrical Storm Chaser
Hah! How about "Neurological Boundaries Demolition Expert"

The one question I hate more than anything is why don't you work? Actually it's none of there business like when a little kid ask why I didn't drive his mother gave him a lookA lot of people don't work or drive for various reasons, and it's not there business unless I choose to let them know.

Back
Top Bottom