Turbo Acupuncture - not for epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score

Instead she made an appointment at Juvé, a new Scottsdale anti-aging salon that is the first in the Valley to offer energy light rejuvenation as an alternative to surgery, chemical peels and dermabrasion.

It's based on acupuncture, "the oldest medical technology in the world," said Rachelle Marmor, a Tempe acupuncturist who is a partner in Juvé.

The 2,500-year old Chinese practice addresses medical problems with needles inserted into specific points along the body's electrically based nervous system.

"But it doesn't use needles. It uses one-millionth of an amp of electricity and affects the body the same way needles do. It's turbo acupuncture," said Marmor, who has long used the low-current technology to treat pain and for patients who are squeamish about needles, such as children.

Marmor said the technique appeals to a new breed of health care consumer.

"I'm 46, and people in my age group are staying active. We're health conscious and we don't want to cut unnecessarily or to inject toxins to eliminate lines," Marmor said.

Face lifts can cost four times the initial ELR protocol.

The FDA-approved procedure is essentially risk free but is off-limits to people who have epilepsy, oral herpes or are in the first trimester of pregnancy.

Acupuncture without needles gives face a lift

It's a strange list of conditions that are off limits for the procedure. I wonder what the rationale is.

Do these "treatments" penetrate the skull? What would be the effects on the hipochampus, pitutary gland, etc.

Too bad, some people are so swayed into thinking they must look young and beautiful and will do so by any means. :roll:

I wasn't even focused on the whole cosmetic improvement angle when I posted that. I assumed that the technique had a broader application as a replacement for acupuncture in general.

I guess it's kind of like the way entertainment/video games paved the way for much of the growth of the computing industry - vanity paves the way for advances in acupuncture technology. Lol.

No one with epielpsy should get the electric acupuncture,its too strong and
can have horrible after effects.

Any acupuncturist worth their salt should know this.

Positive Person

Back
Top Bottom