Weird sense of humor

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hey all,
Thank goodness for those of us who have a sense of humor. Had a doozey of a round yesterday, got a goose egg the size of a twoonie and looks like I was on the recieving end of a right hook! Fun fun
My sister-in-law came over to help my through the aftermath (babysit me). When her brother got home she teased him mercilessly about not beating me any more. He said that I should stop getting into fights with the wall, they will always win. Got into work today boss said "There are easier ways to get a day off work ya know".
It sucks to deal with but at least everyone faces it with humor!
Anyone got some new lines for us?

Kudos to you for seeing the humor in the jokes. Some people find it difficult in similar circumstances. PMA FTW. :mrt:

PMA = Positive Mental Attitude
FTW = For The Win

Thank you buttons are only available in certain forum rooms (not the Lounge).

Hey,
I usually say "its not my fault! the wall jumped me! I was cornered! four to one!"

lol all the hidden puns

If ya

can't take life with a bit of humor, what's the point?? Being too serious all the time only makes things worse......So the walls and furniture grow hands of their own--oh well!! Things could be much much worse......

LOL I like the fact that some people are able to make jokes about things. Even when my blindness- I've said: "Oh I see...well not really." and people sort of stop and think- "Did she really mean that? Isn't she going to get mad at me if I use the word see, when she can't see well?" I always let people know that I won't get offended if someone uses words about seeing or hearing. I find it usful for be silly about certin aspects of my disabilities because so many people become scared or cautious and sometimes nervous. I have not had much experience in joking with aspects of my Epilepsy- but between my twin sis and best friend (who have E) we always joke around and say "Welcome back!" or "Did you have fun in the land of E?"
I think it does help in dealing with our disabilities or conditions. I definitly don't like someone making fun of a condition to be mean- but then again most people would not do that to begin with.

Everyone have a good Thanksgiving holiday.
Crystal

Yeah we all have to laugh sometimes... a good sense of humor and a positive attitude will help us all.

Having a good sense of humor is essential. If we cant laugh at ourselves we are doomed to live in a world of sadness.

Hey,
I usually say "its not my fault! the wall jumped me! I was cornered! four to one!"

lol all the hidden puns

:roflmao: The bf read this one and said "She forgot the floor, it always gets the low shots in, and the ceiling. I told him it was the referee and kind one side! (again with the bad puns) giggle

Thanks all! the humor always helps... well almost always when I :roflmao: I find all the brusies I forgot about

Back
Top Bottom