• Solaris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Too many to list!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BIGMAN131307

Veteran
Reaction score
Just a curious poll about our computers.

What operating system(s) do you run on your computer(s)?

Is CWE full of M$, Mac, Linux, or something completely different?

Is CWE full of M$, Mac, Linux, or something completely different?

CWE is a house built of forums. If another room is needed, Bernard adds one.

CWE was made by Bernard out of love for his wife Stacy. That love permeates throughout the whole forum.

:hi5:

I have two Windows 7 PCs. One is a desktop I built about 4 or 5 years ago and one is a laptop. Actually, I have a Windows 7 work laptop as well. And I have an iPad. And an Android tablet (Galaxy Tab Pro). And a Galaxy S5 Android phone which replaced my Galaxy S2 Android phone. All this and I use a an Arch Linux based Virtual private server (VPS) for email, IRC communications, and as a basic web server for my resume, etc. I am regularly SSHed into my linux VPS using Putty for IRC, so I use it for command line style programs and such as well, as needed.

Wouldn't mind a MacOS X based machine but no real need. I may consider switching to linux full time as Windows 10 is looking pretty disappointing from what I can tell. Arch linux is my favorite distro, if you couldn't tell, and it makes a great desktop OS. There's just a few small things that I prefer Windows for, so for now I keep Windows 7 as my desktop GUI of choice.

When I updated to Windows 10 I had a lot of trouble with the browser that came with it. Things just didn't work right, especially my Hotmail account. I changed to Google Chrome, it's a free one you can download. I love it and it works great.

Currently XP on my desktop, Vista on my laptop.

But I'm in the process of replacing XP with Linux.

I just need to find all the Linux replacement Apps.

I'm an Apple/Mac person for laptop and phone, but I have a Kindle HD Fire for a tablet (Android, I think). Would be tough to convince me to go back to Windows, and I love my Kindle!

Last edited:
I have a Kindle, don't think it's a Fire. When I up graded to Windows 10, I believe that I'm still using an Internet Explorer browser on the Kindle, my Hotmail account that came with the Kindle wouldn't work on the Kindle. It won't send emails or receive them. I have to go on the internet to get on my Hotmail account to get my email. I have no problem getting books on it though.

I also have a regular kindle, the kindle e-book reader. Nice to be able to get books I want instantly without having to go somewhere to buy them . . . but then that also has its disadvantages because it's TOO easy to get them!

I also have a regular kindle, the kindle e-book reader. Nice to be able to get books I want instantly without having to go somewhere to buy them . . . but then that also has its disadvantages because it's TOO easy to get them!

My dad also has a Kindle and somehow if he gets a book or if I get one we can both read it. I'm not sure if it's a web site or what he uses but he can get books for free. They might not be the latest ones out though and might not be ones that you've ever heard of the author and some you have but he finds some really good ones. I'll have to ask him what it is he uses to get them.

The Internet Explorer web browser that came with Windows 10 didn't refresh its self automatically. So when I wanted to see if I had any new emails, I use Hotmail, I had to refresh it myself. Since I got Google Chrome it refreshes its self on it's own so I know right away if I have any new emails.

I've got the MacBook air for travel and using outside and the iMac with the nice big pretty screen for watching movies and such inside.
I have the kindle app on both of them and they link up somehow. That really comes in handy. Like if I'm reading a book one one and then change to the other, I'm automatically on the right page.

I'm old enough that things like that still seem really cool to me.

Windows 7 (for gaming / business / school)
Mac OS X (mostly personal / school)
Solaris (home server)
Linux (home server 2)
Blackberry :D

No iOS/Android mohahaha

My favourite OS - Gentoo (Linux Distro) but I'm stuck using Windows 7 often due to business software requirements

I like both macs and pcs. Although Macs cost way to much!! But normally are a lot friendlier to the users. Pc are a lot easier to work on and parts are not proprietary.

Zolt

:piano: :pop:

Back
Top Bottom