Windows 10

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone got Windows 10 and what they think of it?

I got it and like it much better than Windows 8. It's much easier to use, very similar to Windows 7. I'm still learning how to do things on it because it's very different from Windows 8 and I've forgot a good bit about how to use Windows 7 because of the wonderful memory I have! :roflmao:

It's free cuz the NSA :eek:

but yeah Windows h8 blows...that's why it's called "h8"...7 is well...heaven...10 is just simple math (7+3) made 2 look like something more "advanced" when it's actually been around 4 years...just not made available 2 the public 8)

Last edited:
Nope..... I got an OS 10 Yosemite MacBookPro.
A lot of stuff is in "the clouds" now. ;)

I just got Windows 10 & so far I do like it. I had Windows 7 before & I don't think they're very similar (though I don't know how unlike Windows 8 it was).

On one hand I do like the way you can use apps so that you're not downloading things you won't use. At the same time it looks more like a marketing tool because (like your phone) you have to pay for some apps & the free ones have ads.

I do like the new start menu & the way it's set up so that what I need or use the most I can put where I want it to be. I also like that there's a feedback button so that I can let them know how I feel about it.

The down side is that since I got it, it's so much easier to get carried away & waste even more time in front of the PC.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting!!!!!!

I put in my reservation for the update before the end of June and still have not gotten the email to let me download 10. I hate Windows 8, they make the most simple things so complicated . . . and I miss the Start Menu :(

I'm waiting for the approval that my computer can handle W10. I'm sure it can because I didn't install W8 on it, it came made with W8.

Last edited:
Any gamers using Windows 10? Just wondering if they messed with anything that is having nasty repercussions there?

Of course, I could just ask a few of the computer geeks I know in my game. But I like talking with you all! :)

I"m not a gamer but all the games that previously came with windows, (solitaire, minesweeper etc) are now added on with apps. If you get the Windows app (as opposed to the same game by another company) for one of the original games then you need an account with Xbox. Even when you see the tile in the start menu (start menu has tiles for apps like your phones homepage) it says "xbox" or "xbox live" at the top.

That is something else I don't like is that to do most things with your PC, including downloading apps you need an MSN account which makes me feel as though my privacy is being invaded.

The start menu is way different than it was on Windows 8. With Windows 8 the start menu came up as basically a whole new desk top page. If you had something on the desk top you needed to look at while you were getting something out of the start menu you couldn't see it. It took me forever to figure out how to use it. Even after having it for a few years I was still having trouble figuring out how to do things.

I'm still not used to the new web browser. It's a good bit different than Internet Explorer. I keep just automatically clicking on palaces that things were on explorer, like your favorites, but it's not there. Favorites is there just in a different place and the icon for it looks much different. I saw that Internet Explorer is still on here though.

I like Cortana but I don't like that you can't copy things off of it using the mouse. Also it goes away anytime you click somewhere else on the computer so you can't type something in that you see on there - like how to spell a word.

The start menu is way different than it was on Windows 8. With Windows 8 the start menu came up as basically a whole new desk top page. If you had something on the desk top you needed to look at while you were getting something out of the start menu you couldn't see it. It took me forever to figure out how to use it. Even after having it for a few years I was still having trouble figuring out how to do things.

Did you find the "Task View" button that they put on the taskbar? It brings all active programs up there in front of you & makes it really easy to multi-task. Probably because of numerous other people had the same complaint.

I saw the 'Task View' button, haven't had to use it yet but I'm sure I will soon. I'm still finding all sorts of new things on here.

Have you checked out the "get started" option in the start menu. I'll admit I only read the first part of it but got carried away trying to discover things on my own. However it does look like a great manual for Win 10

Windows 10 has a lot of invasion of privacy (MS changed their privacy statement to reflect this) and it mines a lot of your data... Make sure to turn off things like Cortana.

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-turn-cortana-and-stop-personal-data-gathering-windows-10

Overall it does the hybrid OS better than Windows 8.1

Nope..... I got an OS 10 Yosemite MacBookPro.
A lot of stuff is in "the clouds" now. ;)

Yosemite's awful, it's like the Windows 8/8.1 of OS X... Main benefit seemed to be better continuity between OS X and IOS and if you wanted bleeding edge software. El Captain's looking good though

Last edited:
Any gamers using Windows 10? Just wondering if they messed with anything that is having nasty repercussions there?

Just got 10 the other day. I like it so far. I don't game on the computer, but for those who do, if the game exists on PC and Xbox, you will be able to (soon) play online with Xbox gamers. To me, that is a huge plus. Really adds to the game itself.

Mac person here. I switched from PCs to a Mac in '06 and have never looked back :)

My son is really liking it. His laptop and his cell phone are Windows, plus he likes to game.

Jen, me too. Apple girl. :)

I don't know if it's just my computer but does anyone notice that you have to do a heavy distinct click exactly on what you want to do? Like open a new tab, click on a link to take you to a new website and things like that. With the other versions of windows I could just do a short click and things that I was clicking on would happen right away.

I don't know if it's just my computer but does anyone notice that you have to do a heavy distinct click exactly on what you want to do? Like open a new tab, click on a link to take you to a new website and things like that. With the other versions of windows I could just do a short click and things that I was clicking on would happen right away.

Have you tried going to the "start" menu, click settings, "devices" then click on "mouse & touchpad" & go to "Additional Mouse Options".

You might be able to adjust it from there.

Is there any way to automatically have a window refreshed. I hate always having to refresh my emails web site. Windows 8 automatically refreshed things.

I don't know of any way to do that but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

You might want to check if the program(s) in the window(s) has that refresh option.

Back
Top Bottom