Would you please vote for my son?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Is that so Mr. B? Not on my pc / in Holland.

I do get a message "You've already voted." Website says voting is IP-related so people can vote only just once. Might be only for Dutch IP's, is that possible?

But please do re-vote minimal 48 times cause he's 47 votes behind on Roxy now.

Last edited:
This is what it says after I voted more than once and I live in the USA - Je hebt al eens gestemd!

I looked it up on the internet and I think it translates to 'You have already voted!'

If it doesn't then let us know.

Last edited:
Something about facebook and twitter comes up though. I'm not sure if you are able to give him another vote on there too or not?

It let me vote several times without a "you have already voted" message. I don't know if it went through, but I tried.

It says this too after I voted - Deel dit nu op Facebook & Twitter:

I posted about him on my Facebook page so hopefully he'll get some votes from my friends. I really want him to win!

Thanks so much, he is 38 votes behind now, when I went to bed yesterday he was 50 votes behind.

So please vote a few times again if you can.

When I try to vote again I see this:

Je hebt al eens gestemd!

Deel dit nu op Facebook & Twitter:
In English:

You have already voted.

Share this now on Facebook and Twitter

My bad. I assumed the text was the same after voting the second time - I didn't try translating it.

You might be able to vote multiple times if you use a smart phone and turn the phone off and on between votes. Most mobile networks assign IP addresses randomly from a pool when the phone is turned on.

Voted.

If you want to do multiple votes

download TOR
vote
RESET tor identity
repeat

but this would be cheating....

Thanks George but we'll try to win fair.

Regional radio just called, they picked up Abel's nomination and are on their way to our home now to interview him!

Thank you so much!

Abel is on top again, I think thanks to the radio interview from yesterday. He was so cute on the radio. He has 16 votes more right now.

That's excellent news,I really hope he wins!!!

You can vote again from different IP addresses I tried and found out.

Fraud

It is permitted to vote once per IP address, the website mentions. Not one vote per person. So they will know people can and will vote at home as well as at work, in the supermarket etc.

But the parents/friends/family of this 8 year old kid Roxy were definitely cheating. Since yesterday she gained 3 to 7 votes each minute, even in the middle of the night. So Abel was far behind this morning and very disappointed.

Perhaps they did use the TOR-tool George was mentioning on behalf of Roxy? I googled TOR and discovered it is widely used. The fraud on Roxy's behalf was so evident, several people have complained about it.

Today the webmaster wrote an e-mail that all false votes are deleted. Roxy went from 1600+ back to 559 votes! But within one afternoon she is on 724, she has won 7 new votes within the last minute I wrote this message, so I do think she is still cheating. The webmaster wrote all false votes will be deleted until the end of the game so we'll have to wait what they will do tomorrow. It is 7.25 pm now in The Netherlands so they won't be at work now.

Abel has 1083 votes now. lost some votes too. No so many but still... why did he loose votes? We weren't cheating. I don't know how they are identifying false votes but I do hope they won't delete all votes from foreign IP addresses. That would mean we've lost all your American votes and the votes of all our friends in France.
'
Anyone any idea how a website can identify multiple votes/fraud? Did we loose all foreign votes?

It was really fun until yesterday, this competition. We did so much to gain votes, were creative and got al lot of publicity. But now the fun is gone for me. Why on earth would adults cheat on a competition on behalf of a 8 year old child? It's really sad.

:soap:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry that people are cheating! It's not fair to everyone who is actually trying. I hope it gets worked out!

Woot!

Finally. justice! Fair players are going to win! What a stunt this is.:clap:

Half an hour before the match closes, all cheaters are caught! :roflmao:

In several categories many false votes are gone. In the top category two boys had almost 2000 votes, they are back to second and third place and a girl called Danielle is on top now (she never was before.) :woot:

Abel is going to win the Junior contest! :agree:

A tv crew called and is on the way to our house to film the closing of the game. :paperbag:

Back
Top Bottom