You start to feel old when...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I feel young in the head and very very old in the body. In my head I am still 16 and sometimes a grown up 18. Side effects now from the E drugs mean I feel I have the body of a 90 year old with all its aches and pains and other side effects. Permanent painkillers and an electric blanket are the two main things I use to take the edge off these now.

Then there's also hot Epsom salt baths and massage (hands, foam rollers, tennis balls, etc....)

and can't forget meditation...push yourself to relax and breeeathe...do anything and everything you can to enjoy life...

also...pain is sometimes caused by inactivity because your muscles are becoming weak and dying as fat and dead tissue takes over...so get active and quit being lazy (assuming that's the case)...try to live a happy and healthy life as long as possible...don't allow the natural deterioration of the physical body to manipulate your rational thought process (remember to always practice good posture...stand up straight and smile!)...tell it to take a hike! :)

Last edited:
Around 1945 in the area that I live the saying "Stock up for winter because you never know when you'll get snowed in" was true. The roads around here were the last ones to get plowed, if they even did.

My grandparents got snowed in once and ran out of milk for one of the babies. They had to go to the farm next door and milk the cow then pasteurize it themselves.

Another time someone had died on the road. People had to actually dig the snow off about a mile of the just so the hearse could come and get him.

Being quick and effective the snot rocket was invented by those who live a tissue free lifestyle. The hard part is knowing whether a nostril is ready for rocketing. If done incorrectly you will have snot dripped down your face.

This is what I've always heard of a snot rocket being. I've never heard of it being something cyclist do.

My mind went to the gutter when I thought of "snot rocket"...I thought a spray of cum...

but anyway it's unusually cold today...the weather is making me feel weird

I remember the no seatbelts too. I think we might have cut them out of the cars a good bit of the time. Kids could sit in the front seats and didn't have to use car seats.

Every night at 6pm the fire department loud horn (that's what we called it) went off. It went off when there was a fire too. I don't think it's even there any more.

Yeah, Valerie. I remember the noon whistle in the town where I lived til I was 5.

Your getting old when:
The music you grew up with is called Retro now.

AM talk back radio and daytime TV is cool to you.

You no longer need health food and switch to preservatives.

and a pair of pliers to change the channel when the dial broke off. And of course, knowing the connection between a pencil and a cassette tape.

Oh my god, we had those too!!!!

Didn't everyone? We sure did! And everything had to be juuuust right for the picture to come in.

Remember the original color TVs that had such godawful color?

You an remember the horror of the outdoor toilet pan AKA "thunderbox" before sewerage came. I remember it as a very young child.

yes, you are old

Hey that's not nice!!! :mad: I'm going to turn you in for saying that! LOL

Didn't everyone? We sure did! And everything had to be juuuust right for the picture to come in.

Remember the original color TVs that had such godawful color?

There were times that you'd sit there through almost half the show adjusting the antenna so you could watch it.
Yes the color was horrible, blurry at times too! I'm surprised that you could even tell what color some things were!

At least there was always color TV when I was around - I we never watched anything in black and white. Except It's a Wonderful Life and the beginning of The Wizard of Oz.

Back
Top Bottom