Angel Flights - Free air transportation to specialized health care facilities

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
I never knew this charity existed until just now. I ran across it while searching the internet:
Air Charity Network™ (ACN), formerly Angel Flight America, provides access for people in need seeking free air transportation to specialized health care facilities or distant destinations due to family, community or national crisis.

Air Charity Network

If anyone has any experience with them (or a comparable service) please share!

My husband used the airlines to go to Canada when his mother past away and they reduced his price becuase his mother died. Instead of it being $1000.00 short notice it was $300.00 short notice. If their is a death in the family the airlines will give you a reduced rate.

Riva

Angels with Wings for the Medically Needy
was what we used to call it. But I know they
still have such availability for third world
countries that are often via requests through
Christian Organizations and is typically reserved
for the Child(ren) with a critical medical problem
and the Child's parents to fly to France, USA,
Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Germany, and
I don't know where all - to an All Children's type
Hospital. I know they're still around and rely
very heavily on donations but I have no clue
of the name of the Organization.

Shriner's used to have a Burn Flight in certain
areas, but many Hospitals today have Burn
Units now-a-days, so I don't know if they even
have these services anymore.

There were others, but they've long been
defunct as many Countries now have begun
having improved Hospitalizations and Facilities,
and the need for such flights is no longer
needed. However, there are still Countries out
there that have desperate need for Medical
Care and are found tremendously wanting.

Apparently this charity is just for the USA. I think there is a network of private (or retired?) pilots that volunteer to assist the charity with transporting those in need of medical help.

Apparently this charity is just for the USA. I think there is a network of private (or retired?) pilots that volunteer to assist the charity with transporting those in need of medical help.

I think you're right on that part. I've been
so out of date and out of track since the
divorce, I've not even been updated!

Sorry!

Yes many folks that own their own airplanes will donate their time, aircraft and gas ($$$$) to get people from outlying areas to places where they can get specialized care. This is not an air ambulance though. They cannot accomodate special needs. It is just free transportation.

Back
Top Bottom