The Brain That Changes Itself

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My sister gave me the book by the same title several years ago. It is very interesting and enlightening. We CAN CHANGE our brain!

That is really incredible, Robin. It is so full of both information and hope. Maybe we aren't just dealt the hand we have. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I am glad that you liked it. I hope everyone on this site watches it, and realizes that it is within reach. I just hope the research $$ are spent in this direction rather than Pharma.

Robin,
I think that this shows that our bodies have incredible resources available internally to them and we have the responsibility to make ourselves all we can be. I don't care if it's brain plasticity or nutritional changes, everything we do affects our bodies in some way. I thought it very significant when the one researcher spoke about our needing to be careful what our thoughts are because simply thinking something can change the brain.

The video linked in the OP appears to be unavailable right now. There is a note on the page:
We are currently experiencing some problems with our video player. Our tech department is working on a solution. Our apologies and thanks from watching!
Please note: Full length films are only available from within Canada.

It looks like you can download the video from here:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/fora/stories/2009/09/18/2690180.htm

Back
Top Bottom