[Research] The Correlation between Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and Dissociative Identity Disorder

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

This could be a result of having a Nocturnal Seizure. My neurologtist expained to me that loosing bladder control is a release from after having had a seizure. Not fun changing the sheets in the middle of the night!

This happened a little while ago in the kitchen. I wasn't sleeping I passed out I think.

Well, that could be due to several things but nothing to worry about I would say. But if you're concerned you can always call your GP.

I just feel awfull today.My doctor isn't there on the weekends.If I still feel like this monday and keep having spells I'll call her.Maybe its due to stopping lexapro or starting trazodone.

Personally, I'd

say it's the Lexapro. It's not normally recommended to be mixed with AED's. If you went off too fast, and on the trazadone too fast on top of it..that could be the reason, too.

I took a half dose of lexapro for 4 days then off one day and on again the next.today I'm off again.On and off till the 12th. I started with 50mg of trazodone. I do agree with you I think its either from going off the med or getting on the new one or both. I woke up with wet sheets this morning and I feel like I got shot out of a cannon.

I'm not taking any anti-epileptic drugs .I was taken off them back in september when my veeg and mri were normal.

Regardless of what they think the cause of your seizures is, the fact is you're having them and Keppra helped. They shouldn't have taken you off AEDs until you were stablized, not before. I think it's shameful that they are denying you this med, because these spells are interfering with every aspect of your life.

True but they didn't care.They said it wasn't helping me,Going from nightly spells to spells 9 times in a month,nope deffinately not helping.

Seizure diary... tell me if I'm getting annoying yet :lol:

I have to go now and do some cleaning. We're having company in a little bit, and the place is a mess. Aaaaarrrrrgh!

I always dread cleaning, but then while I'm doing it, I usually quite enjoy it. I just don't do it often enough. Happily, the bathroom no longer looks like you'll catch leprosy from it :lol:

I hope we'll enjoy the company -- they are quite possibley my partner's new bandmates. We'll see!

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Laurie!

Simply because this is the right time and place for you! Keep talking we're all here for you...

Mais oui -- peepee. We CWE-ers are always here for support.

Back
Top Bottom