Difference between Simple Partials & Complex Partials

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Deja entendu

I finally found the term for what I felt years ago with the Break through seizures before I switched meds from Dilantin to carbamazapine. Tried my itself and with phenobatb through period of few months. That was in mid 90's. My neurologist did send in report to state and almost lost my license. Hired an attorney, didn't hit suspensension.
Looking back, I felt if I could control the deja entendu, I could control the seisure. Wrong. it is a hook that draws you in. My thoughts are vey clear in my head what is going on, just the vocalization comes out jarbled.
When I was recently in the hospital when I jumped off the log and fractured both legs, I was on Morpine for pain, my "acupuncturist friend" came to the hospital and helped me call my clients. I found the clients and she did the calling and talking. She wasn't going to give me the phone!!!! I did have a seisure and she saw it in my eyes, I guess, she went to get the nurse. When she was getting up I was saying in my head DON'T GET THE NURSE" who knows what it sounded like. Hadn't had my meds in days. I was not in an orth.o wing but a neurology wing of the hospital. I should have a id to have them keep meds in me but the first pain med I was getting sick. I may purchase an ID necklace.
Years ago I would be in a seminar and I would say to myself "Shut up and don't say a word".
Have a good day!

Some people have seizures in one part of the brain. You will have to ask your neuro. He can tell you about your seizures and ask him/her if they originate in one part of your brain.

during my seizures my symptoms include a wide array of activity. although during one i am unaware of my surroundings , witnesses have said i appear upset, angry , scared { all at the same time.} my vocalisations are " non-sensical " or jibberish. . during seizures i have managed to break most of my teeth , and bitten trough my tongue and cheeks several times.
on 1 occassion i had a seizure in a dept store and awoke a day later in a straight jacket.
apparently the police had been called , and when an officer tried to restrain me i reacted violently and broke his jaw with a punch. i later learned that i had been pepper sprayed several times and tazered twice prior to my violent reaction . apparently their assumption was that i was an addict having a bad drug trip.

Last edited:
Hi bruce, welcome to CWE.

Bernard started the forum out of love for his wife Stacy. That love has permeated throughout the whole forum.

I hear that all of the time about what the police are doing to us. They do not understand. If you had not been pepper spayed and tazered, you probable would not have had a viloent reaction.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with the police was awful.

Did they put you in jail or a mental place? You do not have to answer if you do not want to. I am sure this has happened a lot of times to others with epilepsy.

I was taken to the hospital and placed in the mental health ward, where i was under constant watch by an armed police officer.
when i regained full awareness i was charged with assault on a police officer as well as resisting arrest among other charges.
Thankfully with the testimony of my neurologist and 2 other health professionals as well as a sympathetic judge { who herself has a son with epilepsy } the charges where withdrawn . but the stigma remains. I am no longer allowed to enter the mall where the event occurred , and have been under close scrutiny by the waterloo regional police since.
Prior to this event I had never in my life received even a traffic ticket or ever had a run in of any kind with law enforcement personnel

Thank you for telling me what happened. I know it must be hard to have gone through that. What saved you was the judge who understood that you had a seizure. She understood because she has a son with epilepsy.

It is a rotten shame that you are not allowed in the shopping mall now. You got a raw deal.

I wonder how many other people with epilepsy have had a similar experience and just have not talked about it?

Back
Top Bottom