FDA finds Lead in Vitamins

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
I thought this might be of interest to some of you.
Please see the link for the list with the greatest exposure.

The Food and Drug Administration has wrapped up testing of vitamins for women and babies, and found that almost all contain trace amounts of lead.

Lead is of particular concern to pregnant women, fetuses and young children — particularly those under the age of six. Lead, a naturally occurring metal, is know to cause permanent brain damage, limiting IQ, causing behavioral and learning problems and affecting other aspects of development. Some studies have linked exposure to violent spates across the country, and the government has worked to limit exposure by banning or limiting the lead content in paints, gasoline and, most recently, lead in many toys and children's products.

The FDA vitamin research covered 324 multivitamin-mineral products available over the Internet. The FDA failed to detect lead in only four.

However, the FDA does not consider any of these vitamins unsafe, based on lead content.

Remembering that the FDA has not labeled any of these products as unsafe, here is a summary of the 10 vitamins tested by the FDA that would result in the greatest and least exposure to lead, by age group. (complete list.)

http://www.thedailygreen.com/enviro...itamins-082803?src=nl&mag=tdg&list=dgr&kw=ist

Lead in vitamins

That's scary! :paperbag:

Omw........

that is TERRIFYING!!!

Doesn't that just make you wonder how long that has been going on? I can only sit here and wonder just how much it may have had to do with my youngest's autism............*SIGH* .......tying in with vaccinations and other health issues...........:paperbag:

No use going there, really, but GEESH........:ponder::ponder:

....Or is this their way to regulate the vitamin industry. :ponder:

FThat is scary!

After what my mom went through! Now traces of lead in vitamins what is their deal now! I guess we'll have to be really careful now !
David

Back
Top Bottom