Hyperglycemia Lowers Seizure Threshold

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My daughter has no symptoms. She does not fall into the catagory you post of people most likely to have this. She is not diabetic.

Doesn't she have a seizure on occasion? That is listed as a symptom of hypoglycemia, even tho she does not have diabetes.

yes she does/did have seizures (now that is HOPE for ya), however with the current testing methods this did not show up as being a problem. It took some fairly drastic numbers to call attention to this fact. What I am hoping to point out to others, is to consider this seriously. Don't just take the "within range" blood tests as being the final answer. If all indications are pretty clear this might be a problem, then push for the more extensive testing. In fact Rebecca's neurologist didn't want to do the three hour test at first. I had to push for that. I would have rather of had a four or five hour test. Though we did get our answer at the third hour. My journal shows that most seizures were occuring following a heavy workout, by the 3-4 hour mark. Her system's needs were quite evident at that point. Most doctors are just uninformed.

Back
Top Bottom