Neurofeedback for Migraines

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
Migraines Dramatically Reduced Via Non-Drug Therapy Called Neurofeedback

70% of migraine patients in non-drug treatment study using a non-invasive therapy called neurofeedback experienced over 50% reduction in the frequency of their headaches.

Alexandria, VA (PRWEB) April 21, 2008 -- Deborah Stokes, Ph.D. of Neurofeedback Consultants, Inc. recently completed a migraine study of 37 migraine clients using a non-drug form of treatment called neurofeedback. The findings showed that 26 of the 37 migraine sufferers experienced at least a 50% reduction in frequency of their headaches.

Neurofeedback or EEG biofeedback is a painless, non-invasive method that targets specific brainwave frequencies in order to alleviate symptoms such as inattention, depression, anxiety and headaches. Sensors are attached to the scalp and project the brainwaves onto a computer screen in the form of a video game. Clients are instructed to play the video game by using their minds. They are able to eventually shift the targeted brainwave frequencies implicated in their presenting problem and thereby alleviate their symptoms.

"I have been very impressed and delighted to see some of my more challenging patients with migraines who had been on a number of medications finally get relief by undergoing neurofeedback. I referred them to Dr. Stokes' neurofeedback clinic because we were running out of conventional options. Neurofeedback is something more physicians need to add to a repertoired approach to migraines." Virginia Elgin, MD, Pediatric Neurologist.

Migraines Dramatically Reduced Via Non-Drug Therapy Called Neurofeedback

Now that's cool...

This has the potetntial fro making MANY people listen I would think!
:rock:

This one of the largest aspects of the Othmer's practice at the EEG Institute.

also see that:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom